Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Very urgent. help needed. Is HP 39GS allowed for the FP2 exam?????? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I have got a HP 39gs graphing calculator and I want to know if I can use it in my FP2 exam. Also if I could use it in m3, which I know is not very probable, it would be of help.
    I have tried the edexcel website. It gives me vague detentions of what is allowed and what is not, and I have just got this calculator and tbh don't know much about what it can do apart from graphing.
    It's a matter of urgency because I don't want to put my time learning to work with it and then realise that it's not even allowed.
    Your help is very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    If I find out myself, I'll let you know I'm this very thread.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mashmammad)
    If I find out myself, I'll let you know I'm this very thread.
    No it is banned because it does symbolic calculus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    No it is banned because it does symbolic calculus.
    Thanks for the reply. Are you sure? I mean have you heard it or do you have one or??????? Sorry but I just want to make sure before I return it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mashmammad)
    Thanks for the reply. Are you sure? I mean have you heard it or do you have one or??????? Sorry but I just want to make sure before I return it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just read the calculator specification and it says symbolic differentiation and symbolic integration in simple cases. JCQ prohibit calculators with these features.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Just read the calculator specification and it says symbolic differentiation and symbolic integration in simple cases. JCQ prohibit calculators with these features.
    Thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.