Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

... when I was in year 9, but she didn't go to my school (we knew each other from primary school). We used to email and meet up with each other a lot, and told each other stuff we'd never told anyone else (like how we both were really unhappy and felt depressed all the time). We had lots in common and got quite close I think.

Well, I cut contact with her during that summer (2009). I had anxiety and I just wanted to shut myself off from the world and become a hermit. So I stopped replying to her emails.

Over a year later, I sent her an email asking how she was and if we could get in touch again. She didn't reply. I emailed her again just under a year later, which she still ignored. I was really hurt by this, but I moved on.
    A few months after that (summer 2011), I sent her a text asking her if she wanted to meet up. I fully expected no reply, I was just desperate to talk to her. But she did reply, saying "Hi! It's great to hear from you again. I'm a bit busy right now but we can meet up another time " I replied saying OK, but I got too scared to ask again so I left it.

That Christmas (2011) I send her an Christmas card, and I put my email at the bottom saying "Please get in touch". She didn't. I tried to explain it away, like her little sisters had opened the card instead so she never got the message? I mean, why did she bother replying to my text at all those few months ago if she didn't want to speak to me?

I haven't bothered trying to talk to her since. God, reading that back I sound like a creep. I just really miss her. I don't understand why she ignored me. I hadn't said anything to offend her. Surely she wasn't just annoyed that I had cut contact? Before year 9, our contact had been very on/off anyway. And she had lots of other friends, so it wasn't like she missed me or anything. I'm desperate to try once more to get in touch with her, but seriously, it will really, really hurt my pride if she rejects me again. I'd feel so pathetic.

Should I send her an email? I don't use social net works, and I'm nervous about texting her again. I don't know what to do!! It's been over a year since she last heard from me.

Is it worth the risk? The risk of further wounding my already wounded pride for the chance of being friends again?

Thank you if you read all that ramble, lol

Bump.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.