Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I spend about 1.5 hours in the morning from 10_11:30, followed by another 1.5hours from 1:30-3, lastly another 45mins-1 hour from 4-5, is this enough?

I'm not sure whether this is because my revision has started and I am feeling quite lazy atm

I have 7 exams
    C3, c4, m2, history russia, history public health, econ2, econ1 retke

Please reply soon

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like at the rate you're currently working at, you'll know all the material inside out by the time your exam comes, you're doing enough revision.
    If you wish you had more time between now and the exams to get to know the material better, you probably need to up the hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Considering this is for A Levels, I would say you're doing ok, but it seems a bit little considering it's A Levels.

I'm a GCSE Student and I do more hours when it comes closer to exams - however, quality overpowers quantity - therefore, as long as your 1.5 hrs are quality, effective revision and you understand a lot of information required for your exam then it's ok.

Also, some advice - don't keep studying, enjoy yourself too. Usually after a hard day of studying like a week or two before the exam I go to karate, and this physical exercise eradicates a lot of stress. Different people work in different ways tbh.

Personally, I would suggest you should stretch yourself now during easter break and get as much revision as you can done. You can't be lazy when it comes to A Levels because it just doesn't work.

Also, at night listen to music to motivate you to study more:

i.e. at night I listen to different songs sometimes I listen to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwFg5cpRBE
    it makes me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it no matter what teachers/people say - like if the paralympians

Anyway, hope this helps. Once again, just put in more hours for A Levels - especially as you are doing History A Level which requires a lot of analysis therefore requires more studying but don't stress yourself too

Good Luck with A Levels! All the best!

Jatz
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STp1UtMrKR4
    This ones quite good

ReputationRep:
    Considering this is for A Levels, I would say you're doing ok, but it seems a bit little considering it's A Levels.

I'm a GCSE Student and I do more hours when it comes closer to exams - however, quality overpowers quantity - therefore, as long as your 1.5 hrs are quality, effective revision and you understand a lot of information required for your exam then it's ok.

Also, some advice - don't keep studying, enjoy yourself too. Usually after a hard day of studying like a week or two before the exam I go to karate, and this physical exercise eradicates a lot of stress. Different people work in different ways tbh.

Personally, I would suggest you should stretch yourself now during easter break and get as much revision as you can done. You can't be lazy when it comes to A Levels because it just doesn't work.

Also, at night listen to music to motivate you to study more:

i.e. at night I listen to different songs sometimes I listen to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwFg5cpRBE
    it makes me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it no matter what teachers/people say - like if the paralympians

Anyway, hope this helps. Once again, just put in more hours for A Levels - especially as you are doing History A Level which requires a lot of analysis therefore requires more studying but don't stress yourself too

Good Luck with A Levels! All the best!

Jatz

Thanks much appreciated, it's the same with me the day or two before the exam its nonstop revision for me, except for toilet breaks

Good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A193)
    I spend about 1.5 hours in the morning from 10_11:30, followed by another 1.5hours from 1:30-3, lastly another 45mins-1 hour from 4-5, is this enough?

I'm not sure whether this is because my revision has started and I am feeling quite lazy atm

I have 7 exams
    C3, c4, m2, history russia, history public health, econ2, econ1 retke

Please reply soon
    Im doing 4 hours a day at the moment however i only have 4 exams in the summer and mine dont start til june (not sure if any of yours are AS retakes). I know as i am going back to school for a full half term after easter that that is enough revision for these holidays and each week as i get closer to the exams this will step up and increase. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    10 exams in the summer, doing around 5 hours currently.

ReputationRep:
    A Levels or GCSE?

Jatz

A levels, 4 retakes.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

That sounds okayish but you might wanna step that up before the exams get here! I got to say I buy into what someone said earlier; if you feel like at the rate you're going you'll know everything before the exams then you're doing just fine. But also don't make it so you'll finish just before the exams (ie. the day before) as you don't know what work you might have to do for school and you have to leave for unexpected events!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.