Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So currently im revising for my module 2 in biology (GCSE) and i've come across classification, now my biology teacher said that in the test we will need to classify something.. a plant or animal i suppose. I know that it goes Kingdom, Phylum, Class ,Order,Family, Genus, Species, but i dont know what the seperate groups mean, let alone how to classify an animal or plant into them. PLEASE HELP?! i've searched high and low all over the internet and through books but not one will tell me how to classify something or what th groups mean:confused: please help

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Remind me in a bit, I have notes at home on this except I am doing Igcse biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That ok? Let me know if you need any more help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanij)
    That ok? Let me know if you need any more help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou so so much! what is this from, like what book? as i would really like to read up about it and i would use the photo except its quite difficult to read, sorry!! but thankyou very much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by underatedidiot)
    Thankyou so so much! what is this from, like what book? as i would really like to read up about it and i would use the photo except its quite difficult to read, sorry!! but thankyou very much!!
    Welcome! No problem,
    It was this book:

My friend gave it to me - otherwise I do not tend to use it unless there is a topic which I do not understand at all then use it to understand the basics then use the textbook by the exam board to understand it more - such as this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    thankyou very much!!

ReputationRep:
    thankyou very much!!
    Welcome! Gonna buy it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So currently im revising for my module 2 in biology (GCSE) and i've come across classification, now my biology teacher said that in the test we will need to classify something.. a plant or animal i suppose. I know that it goes Kingdom, Phylum, Class ,Order,Family, Genus, Species, but i dont know what the seperate groups mean, let alone how to classify an animal or plant into them. PLEASE HELP?! i've searched high and low all over the internet and through books but not one will tell me how to classify something or what th groups mean:confused: please help

thanks
    You mean what test?
    They never has asked to classify a random organism in Edexcel GCE.
    But I think you should know what they mean.

ReputationRep:
    You won't be asked to classify an organism just from a picture or anything like that.

But you may be told something like "An organism has a cell membrane, a cell wall, but no nucleus. Which kingdom might it belong to?" or something along those lines. You need to know some of the main defining characteristics of the various kingdoms etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.