Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey I'm really finding it hard to study. At first I'm sitting really motivated everything's going well, but after half an hour or so I get really bored and my brain just switches off. I know I can easily get A's if I put the work in but I don't for some reason. In Jan I got A(C1) C(Buss1) D(Chem1) D(Acc1). Resitting buss1 and chem 1 so I have 7 exams in June now, so is there any way for me to get over this and study because I really need to do well.

• Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    At the risk of stating the obvious, if you get distracted after half an hour, don't try to revise for more than half an hour at a time! Divide your revision into chunks, work at something for half an hour, and then do something else for 15 minutes (preferably something that gets you up and moving). Then get back to your revision, but to a different subject entirely, so it doesn't feel like you're always doing the same thing.

The above poster makes a good point, might be worth also adding in some treats so you have something to look forward to.

Also make sure your methods work for you - a kinesthetic learner, for example, will probably get restless looking at mind maps every day.

I do exactly the same thing,
    what I find works for me is making a list of the work I've got to do, then giving each task a time limit. So for example it will say 'make revision cards on theory's' - from 1:00pm- 1:45pm'
    This way I feel more satisfied and concentrated trying to get all my work done within the time,

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.