How do I get an A in Edexcel English lang and lit AS coursework?
ANY HINTS/ TIPS?
Alevel English lang and lit Coursework Watch
- Thread Starter
- 30-03-2013 18:20
- 31-03-2013 15:38
I'm not on that exam board but some general tips for good grades in English are:
- Have a good structure - that means having a plan and sticking to it. Write an introduction and a conclusion, and make sure all the points inbetween flow together nicely.
- Make sure everything you write is relevant to the question.
- Be concise.
- Quote to back up any points you're making and then explain how it supports them.
- Use appropriate terminology.
- Make sure you know the text you're analysing well.
- Don't leave things to the last minute, get your teacher to help you redraft.
- Lastly, the obvious things - check spelling, grammar and that;s you've stuck to the word count. (Try reading essays out loud to check they "flow" right.)
If you have any creative writing coursework, it's a bit harder to give advice, but...
- Be original but stick to any guidelines - sometimes it has to link to an existing text.
- Follow any genre conventions.