Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did we find this exam ?
    so hard i felt like crying through the exam
    12.50%
    very difficult , but one or two were alright
    12.50%
    fairly standard
    31.73%
    quite easy , with one or two hard ones
    33.65%
    so easy i felt like dancing throughout the exam
    9.62%

ReputationRep:
    Starting to panic now- only one week until the F582 exam! I keep losing lots of marks in section A, and so I keep ending up a few marks off an A. Does anybody think Balance of Payment will ever be an essay? If anything about exports or protectionism comes up I'm screwed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweak6)
    Starting to panic now- only one week until the F582 exam! I keep losing lots of marks in section A, and so I keep ending up a few marks off an A. Does anybody think Balance of Payment will ever be an essay? If anything about exports or protectionism comes up I'm screwed...
    I thought that a couple of days ago and BofP is my weakest section so I've been going over it with a fine tooth comb

ReputationRep:
    If we have an essay question like 'discuss the effectiveness of using expansionary monetary policy to lower inflation' after we've discussed monetary policy do we have to evaluate alternatives aswell? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightbulb)
    If we have an essay question like 'discuss the effectiveness of using expansionary monetary policy to lower inflation' after we've discussed monetary policy do we have to evaluate alternatives aswell? Thanks
    This is what I too am wondering. I am leaning to yes. How have you been scoring on the essays in school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceUpsb)
    This is what I too am wondering. I am leaning to yes. How have you been scoring on the essays in school?
    I've been getting between 14 - 16 marks by including them. The only way I can see doing it as relevant is if they are directly compared to the main policy at the same time - although this could easily be done in the evaluation of the advantages/disadvantages of the main policy.

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting between 14 - 16 marks by including them. The only way I can see doing it as relevant is if they are directly compared to the main policy at the same time - although this could easily be done in the evaluation of the advantages/disadvantages of the main policy.
    Yes I've been getting the same marks.
    I find F581 a lot easier to write, with a very rigid structure.

Dependent on the question in F582 I find the structure can change quite a bit, as an AS/AD is not always required. Let us just pray an AS question does not come up like Jan2013!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixteenSaltines)
    Does anyone else think that the mark schemes look as though they were written to adhere to people with downs? Two-mark answers like 'goes up more slowly'?!

These comment questions 6/7/8 mark questions are really stressing me out so if anyone has any helpful advice I would kindly appreciate it!
    usually when you see a comment question the basic structure is just explain how this particular thing mentioned in the question would work , then for the comment bit - you ALWAYS get marks for saying it depends on the size of change/original rates etc of what your talking about ( unemployment,inflation etc ) if you get me ?

and as for working out how many marks are awarded : for 6 markers , its 3 for explanation and 3 for comment ( means 3 different appropriate comments )

for 7 Markers it's 3 marks for explanation and 4 for comment
    for 8 markers it's 3 marks for explanation and 5 for comment ( i think - this one might also be 4/4 )

hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceUpsb)
    Yes I've been getting the same marks.
    I find F581 a lot easier to write, with a very rigid structure.

Dependent on the question in F582 I find the structure can change quite a bit, as an AS/AD is not always required. Let us just pray an AS question does not come up like Jan2013!
    It shouldn't come up, if it was in January (fingers crossed)!

I'm also sitting F581 - what structure do you use? My teacher hasn't given us much guidance on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you evaluate why expansionary monetary policy may lower inflation , and then evaluate why it may not ( in depth ) including a diagram or two - then no you do not need to discuss alternatives

ReputationRep:
    Since they don't mention the type of inflation you could always mention supply side policies

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the Jan 2013 paper they could email me or upload?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweak6)
    18m essays can only be on what has 'discuss' in the syllabus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.I.A)
    Attachment 212609 <----- That is the F581 Jan 2013 paper for anyone that needs it. I will be posting the F582 Jan 2013 paper aswell later.

could i have the Mark scheme please

ReputationRep:
    What's the best structure for the 18 marker on f581?

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing out for these exams, they're practically the only theoretical ones I have and since both are on the same day as two other maths exams of mine . I'm stressing out for F582 more especially since the questions vary.

If anyone wants the January 2013 F582 paper I've attached it.

F582 January 2013.pdf

ReputationRep:
    F582_MS_Jan13 (1).pdf <---------- F582 Mark Scheme for Jan 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obehi)
    could i have the Mark scheme please
    Sorry but I do not have the mark scheme for that paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    I'm stressing out for these exams, they're practically the only theoretical ones I have and since both are on the same day as two other maths exams of mine . I'm stressing out for F582 more especially since the questions vary.

If anyone wants the January 2013 F582 paper I've attached it.

F582 January 2013.pdf

Got exactly the same problem! This is the only theoretical subject I took too! I'm more worried about the 18 marker though.. I'm hoping to only drop 4 marks maximum fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miasp)
    Got exactly the same problem! This is the only theoretical subject I took too! I'm more worried about the 18 marker though.. I'm hoping to only drop 4 marks maximum fingers crossed
    To be honest, the 18 marker usually goes well for me, it's because it's usually a wide-open question where you can talk about a lot of what you already know, and I usually have a lot of time gathered up from doing all the other questions in a rush.

I'm just worried that I'll drop stupid marks in the other questions from not putting down as many points as I should do or if the examiner finds some of my comments are undeveloped.

What definitions do you think will come up guys? From looking at past papers it seems that not one of them has had the same definition question as another, and I unfortunately think I'll lose stupid marks in the definitions part of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone explain this question to me:

Comment on whether a cut in tax rates will always result in a budget deficit.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.