Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need one more microfilter and a longer broadband cable for my internet connection do i ring BT up?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you go to a shop like PC World and buy a longer cable and microfilter. I think you *can* order from BT, but it is likely to be cheaper from a high street store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Makaveli)
    I need one more microfilter and a longer broadband cable for my internet connection do i ring BT up?

thanks
    You gotta buy them.......you should get at least 2 to be honest....

here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Filter.../dp/B000NPA53Y
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=430464031

Or you can get them from the BT shop, but will be more costly
    http://www.shop.bt.com/category/cabl...-cables-/11287

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys i'll check the other stores out like PC world and online like Amazon etc.

ReputationRep:
    PC World are generally quite expensive. I'd try online like Ebay and Amazon.

But I suppose you are paying for their electricity, gas, water, council tax, rent, staff wages and other overheads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    PC World are generally quite expensive. I'd try online like Ebay and Amazon.

But I suppose you are paying for their electricity, gas, water, council tax, rent, staff wages and other overheads.
    With PC World you get the convenience of getting the product there and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    With PC World you get the convenience of getting the product there and then.
    Yeah I suppose, it depends on how urgent it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.