Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

At the moment I have firmed and insured my university choices from UCAS. However, if I get certain grades (at least 3A*s overall) in A2 this summer, I may decide to take a gap year and reapply the following year. I say may because I will need to have a long hard think about whether to take a gap year or not and there is no guarantee that I will take a gap year so I decided to firm my choice just in case I decide to go to uni in September/October this year.
    Anyway, my main question is, if I were to apply for student finance for the next academic year (i.e. September/October 2013 to May/June 2014) and decide to take a gap year after all, will Student Finance allow me to cancel my application or not? (Considering that results will be released in August 2013 and so my final decision would only be made after results day).

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before and thank you for any responses in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I would contact them to be certain, though you should be able to cancel your application at any point. As long as you cancel before the start of term you should be fine, and can then reapply next year for 2014/15 funding if you decide to defer. I withdrew from my previous course before the start of my second year, and cancelled my student finance application so they didn't then pay my second year fees. Just make sure before you decide before the term start date!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.