Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I'm in my second year of uni now and found out my last exam is on the 14th May. Means I have 4 months free and I really don't want to waste it.

I initially applied to internships but have been rejected from pretty much all of them now. So now I'm thinking what else can I do?

Let me know your plans/what you did last summer/any suggestions you might have! I know I've left it a bit late but my initial plan of getting an internship has fallen through!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Hey guys, so I'm in my second year of uni now and found out my last exam is on the 14th May. Means I have 4 months free and I really don't want to waste it.

I initially applied to internships but have been rejected from pretty much all of them now. So now I'm thinking what else can I do?

Let me know your plans/what you did last summer/any suggestions you might have! I know I've left it a bit late but my initial plan of getting an internship has fallen through!

Cheers
    You could try to work at a Camp in America, however it is quite late to do that! On the other hand, a friend and I are cycling through Europe for six weeks and then heading to Edinburgh for the Fringe festival! There are also ideas to do summer camps in schools! For example Fettes or Edinburgh school of English in Scotland or Eton in England, just Google summer school! Finally you could just do a tour of Europe inter railing!

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANB1993)
    You could try to work at a Camp in America, however it is quite late to do that! On the other hand, a friend and I are cycling through Europe for six weeks and then heading to Edinburgh for the Fringe festival! There are also ideas to do summer camps in schools! For example Fettes or Edinburgh school of English in Scotland or Eton in England, just Google summer school! Finally you could just do a tour of Europe inter railing!

Hope this helps!
    Wow, my plans are much less exciting.
    Personally, I'll be trying to get a job as soon as I can in my home town. At the same time/failing that I'll be trying to get into a volunteering position for relevant experience and attempting for the third time to teach myself a language. The rest of my time will be filled with reading all the books I haven't had time to read during university (including books that will help with my course) and Sims 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofcake)
    Wow, my plans are much less exciting.
    Personally, I'll be trying to get a job as soon as I can in my home town. At the same time/failing that I'll be trying to get into a volunteering position for relevant experience and attempting for the third time to teach myself a language. The rest of my time will be filled with reading all the books I haven't had time to read during university (including books that will help with my course) and Sims 3.
    Haha things you enjoy is what is exciting! I am looking forward to reading some good books that I have not got a chance to read as well! Along with going to see some uni friends who I want to see during the four month break! Volunteering is great for the C.V! I need to get some myself.. Probably next summer!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.