Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So yeah, I farted on a date. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sound such a troll, but, I don't care, I need to know if it's important or if I should laugh it off, but, I was on my first date with this lass, and I felt a fart coming, and, after blocking the previous farts from coming out by suppressing it with the chair, I wasn't feeling too great, and let it out, and **** me, it was ****ing loud and embarrassing. My date didn't mention it, just gave me a funny look. Have I blown it by looking like a idiot or am I just being ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    You should have laughed and apologised and hoped shed see the funny side but i must admit it would really put me off lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy17x)
    You should have laughed and apologised and hoped shed see the funny side but i must admit it would really put me off lol

Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl I guess. I think although it would have been a bit of a downer on the date, if she's an easy going girl perhaps she'll laugh it off. x

ReputationRep:
    Because its just not particularly attractive hearing someone fart especially a guy, she might think you have no control over your bowels and will be farting all the way through sex

ReputationRep:
    How did the date end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Could have been worse. You could have touched cloth.
    Or followed through

OP it was just a fart, everybody does it you know.Besides which maybe your date farted too?.Seriously dont worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    she probably thought it was going to get messy and backed out.

imo you should admit to her it was a crappy date and just ask her to let you off so you canstart over.

you're probs gonna think this is a troll reply butt i'm 100$ serious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She looked at me strange and we didn't speak of it, she hasn't contacted me since the date. (yesterday)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    @OP, these things happen mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOFC)
    I'm going to sound such a troll, but, I don't care, I need to know if it's important or if I should laugh it off, but, I was on my first date with this lass, and I felt a fart coming, and, after blocking the previous farts from coming out by suppressing it with the chair, I wasn't feeling too great, and let it out, and **** me, it was ****ing loud and embarrassing. My date didn't mention it, just gave me a funny look. Have I blown it by looking like a idiot or am I just being ridiculous?
    If I was her, I would've probably laughed; to be honest it's natural and we've all done it. Certainly one way of breaking the ice I guess
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry - if she's into you I doubt this will have put her off. Women fart too and everyone knows that sometimes it is just unavoidable. If you want to see her again, and I assume you do otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread, then give her a call or text and suggest seeing each other again. If she blanks you or responds with a no then I can almost guarantee she would have done so anyway, fart or no fart.

ReputationRep:
    You should've gone to the loos and a had a fart session. One can only hold in so much malevolent gas.

ReputationRep:
    I read this as you'd sat on your date and farted. That would definitely be worse.

ReputationRep:
    It's only natural, girls fart too you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOFC)
    HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That sort of thing is all about the recovery. If you're a guy who comes across as not caring about that sort of thing then she probably won't care either, she'd find it funny. If you were embarrassed she might have also felt embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOFC)
    Laugh it off, as soon as I read the title I burst out laughing! Don't worry some people are more uptight about that sort of stuff, on the other hand I would have laughed with you! :')

Doubt it very much, just make a joke about it next time you talk to her. Should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  tumblr_inline_mh3d9dbV171roabil.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  16.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Personally if someone farted loudly on a date with me I'd assume they had no respect for me or manners. It's the same if someone kept burping or something similar, why didn't you just go to the bathroom? It's just etiquette really, especially on a first date.

Clearly not a popular opinion, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    Personally if someone farted loudly on a date with me I'd assume they had no respect for me or manners. It's the same if someone kept burping or something similar, why didn't you just go to the bathroom? It's just etiquette really, especially on a first date.
    Cheer up!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.