Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused

I remember looking into this last year and I think for a part time course you could get a fee waiver for upto 60 credits per year? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just looked on the website and the funding for part time students is changing for the 2013/14 session. It says up to 119 credits per year now. Does this mean I would be able to study 90 credits and get the fee waiver for the full amount? Or would this be after the 1st year, ie funded for 60 credits in year one & rising to upto 119 in year two? I don't know where I'm getting this part from, don't know if I've read it somewhere or was told when I called the OU before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would phone the OU, and ask to speak to someone in the OUSBA department. Scotland's a bit more difficult than in England as they have different fee scales. But as far as I am aware the new funding is for part-time students only, and 120 credits would be classed as full time study.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply

Yeah I think that is where they get out of it by saying up to 119 credits per year. Not planning on studying and more than 60 this year but still wondering for future years. Will give them a call tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.