Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Solo traveller looking for inspiration Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a some time at the moment because of the way my course works and I want to go away somewhere but my friends either have no money, aren't interested in travelling or away on very expensive trips.

For this holiday I would like to go somewhere else in Europe thats fairly easy to get to from Edinburgh (though obviously its not too hard to get to other places in the uk to fly from) - and as a young female student alone I want to feel safe.

Last Summer I visited Amsterdam, Prague, Salzburg, Venice, Rome, Geneva, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon and Madrid. I have travelled in the UK alone before but never abroad.

I have about £300 max and only looking to go away for 3-5 days in late April- interested in art and history

Thanks for any suggestions

ReputationRep:
    My parents went to Copenhagen for about 5 days and said it was nice. They went to museums, visited Malmo, went to some markets and restaurants and the like. Apparently it was very nice. I wouldn't know! I stayed home and went to Sixth Form, but hey, maybe when I'm older (and have some money!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccyW)
    My parents went to Copenhagen for about 5 days and said it was nice. They went to museums, visited Malmo, went to some markets and restaurants and the like. Apparently it was very nice. I wouldn't know! I stayed home and went to Sixth Form, but hey, maybe when I'm older (and have some money!)
    Thanks - I hadn't though of there as though I have been to Denmark it was literally just to a field (for a scout jamboree), I will have at what the city is like and what there is to do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.