Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never had a boyfriend and I'm 19 Watch

Would this put any guys off/make me seen as weird? I'm at uni and I'm reasonably attractive/have a normal social life etc. It's just that I went to a small all-girls school (the parents were pretty strict) and after I got to uni I've been too busy for a relationship though a couple of guys I didn't really fancy have asked me out.

I'm Christian too which seems to give people the impression I'm a prude, though I've obviously made out with guys when drunk in clubs and stuff. I've never slept with anybody either though as I don't do ONS.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't matter to me at all you seem like a lovely girl who is confident goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would this put any guys off/make me seen as weird? I'm at uni and I'm reasonably attractive/have a normal social life etc. It's just that I went to a small all-girls school (the parents were pretty strict) and after I got to uni I've been too busy for a relationship though a couple of guys I didn't really fancy have asked me out.

I'm Christian too which seems to give people the impression I'm a prude, though I've obviously made out with guys when drunk in clubs and stuff. I've never slept with anybody either though as I don't do ONS.

Thanks
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Wouldn't matter to me at all you seem like a lovely girl who is confident goodluck.

I am 21 male and virgin, haven't kissed either (never want to kiss) but wouldn't mind sex

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 19, haven't had a proper full on relationship either; admittedly i've been seeing someone for the past few months and lost my virginity then (I don't do ONS either) but really, it doesn't matter in any way whatsoever.

Just to clarify I haven't even been on a date before (have been asked but the guys in question only seemed interested in one thing, plus they weren't particularly nice and I thought I could do better). I am really ambitious and focused on my career which doesn't help matters, but I don't want my first date to be after I graduate or something!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously don't worry, you have your whole life to find someone. Try getting out more or joining clubs

(Original post by daryldixon)
    Seriously don't worry, you have your whole life to find someone. Try getting out more or joining clubs
    It's not so much about finding someone if anything I'm too busy. The way things are going right now though I have such high standards (with regard to my goals and the guys I like) I probably won't even start seeing someone till I'm 20, would this not be seen as weird?

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Don't worry, happens at different times. My sister is 18 and has only just got her first bf. That's late by some people's standards. It's not about when, so long as when it does happen it's right and you're happy. You have been asked out so you're probably normal and nice, you just need to wait for the right person.

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much about finding someone if anything I'm too busy. The way things are going right now though I have such high standards (with regard to my goals and the guys I like) I probably won't even start seeing someone till I'm 20, would this not be seen as weird?
    I have high standards too, to be honest everyone does. And no you are not weird, you can't let a relationship define you. good luck!

I'm a few years older than you and I have not had a relationship as yet. Don't worry, your time will come.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    As others have said you are not weird, you are still very young and have plenty of time. Just enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't put me off at all long as I liked the girl then it doesn't matter to me how many past relationships you've had etc

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't put me off. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't had a boyfriend when I was your age. Didn't put my husband off.

ReputationRep:
    That would put me RIGHT OFF!!

You're 19, and you haven't had a boyfriend? :eek: :eek: :eek3:

How can this be? Are you stuck-up/frigid/too picky?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously? Man, society needs to grow up.

Continue going about your day, you're fine, honest.

ReputationRep:
    You're fine, seriously. Anyone worth your time isn't going to see you being inexperienced as an issue and should take it as fast or as slow as you want. That's when they're a decent person

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    In this competitive world, its far better to get your own life sorted out (employment, finances) before you get involved with a real boyfriend. If I were you, I wouldn't bother with a boyfriend until you've completed your degree. Fair enough doing what you need to do in clubs here and there, but at the end of the day without a 2.1 what's the point of being there? Knuckle down and work hard and find a bloke afterwards, its the best way of doing it.

(Original post by DavidCrow)
    In this competitive world, its far better to get your own life sorted out (employment, finances) before you get involved with a real boyfriend. If I were you, I wouldn't bother with a boyfriend until you've completed your degree. Fair enough doing what you need to do in clubs here and there, but at the end of the day without a 2.1 what's the point of being there? Knuckle down and work hard and find a bloke afterwards, its the best way of doing it.
    Hmm good point

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. There are more pressing issues than trying to get a partner. Best way is to never look for one, and someone will come along.

(Original post by Zangoose)
    Forever alone crew

Forever alone crew x2

Forever alone crew x3

Forever alone crew x4... The ol' 'high standards' excuse again :rolleyes:. High standards my ass... You're either just ugly & making an excuse or you set unrealistic expectations due to a severely inflated self-opinion. 'High standards' is just another way of telling yourself you are better than everyone else - which is bull - the real reason you can't pull is because you are actually sub-par yourself.

Forever alone crew x5

Stay classy TSR
    Attachment 205834

But nah I can pull (learn to read posts properly bro), am just wondering if a guy would mind if he was my first bf when I finally decide I'm ready to commit to someone (plus like them enough).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.