Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the Easter holiday long enough to succeeded at a level? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing out because I only have this two week easter break to complete all my revision for my May/June exams..

Have I left it too late or can I still get an A in each of my subjects with intense revision everyday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissy.x)
    I'm stressing out because I only have this two week easter break to complete all my revision for my May/June exams..

Have I left it too late or can I still get an A in each of my subjects with intense revision everyday?
    Depends on how many exams you have.

You've still got a little more than a month left until the May/June exams. It'll be tight, but should be doable.

I would suggest starting right now rather than making threads about it on TSR.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I guess it depends what subjects you do and how well you have focused in class. If you start revising now, and do a good amount each day then you should be fine. Just make sure you know everything needed on the specification, especially for essay based subjects

ReputationRep:

how confident are you with your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_r)
    how confident are you with your subjects?
    im kind of confident with chemistry, half confident with biology but not confident with english literature or psychology

ReputationRep:
    im kind of confident with chemistry, half confident with biology but not confident with english literature or psychology
    it's best to get English lit and psychology sorted out first then, what is it you're not confident in precisely?

ReputationRep:
    it's best to get English lit and psychology sorted out first then, what is it you're not confident in precisely?
    I'll try.. in psychology its the evaluations of the essays im not confident with and in english everything really lol :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Depends on how many exams you have.

You've still got a little more than a month left until the May/June exams. It'll be tight, but should be doable.

I would suggest starting right now rather than making threads about it on TSR.
    thanks I just have to work extra hard from now till June.. and stay off TSR lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    I guess it depends what subjects you do and how well you have focused in class. If you start revising now, and do a good amount each day then you should be fine. Just make sure you know everything needed on the specification, especially for essay based subjects
    thanks i'm going to try and do 3 hours of each subject per day. Hopefully I'll be okay then
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Why do you only have Easter. Exams are what - late May, early June? Of course you have enough time.

I started revision for my A Levels in the first week of April. The hardest part, for me, is always getting started. So I started off lightly with an hour or so per day then ramping it up so by the time study leave came around I was living in the library. I got an A in every paper I sat and the only reason I didn't make my firm choice university was because my coursework had already been moderated down by the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try.. in psychology its the evaluations of the essays im not confident with and in english everything really lol :/
    well at least you know where to start with psychology! As for English (i do Lit too) it's best to start with summaries of the texts and the chapters, and then when than makes more sense, start getting your head around how to answer the essay questions

ReputationRep:
    thanks i'm going to try and do 3 hours of each subject per day. Hopefully I'll be okay then
    3 hours per subject per day? You'll burn out! Try to revise smartly when it comes to your subjects. Highlight those areas in which you are struggling and focus on them, after a while you'll become more confident and less stressed.

With quality revision you'll find there's still plenty of time to revise to do well in your exams. I do maths and 3 sciences and have yet to start revising!

ReputationRep:
    how much were you doing come May exactly?
    at least an hour per subject per day but i could never remember what I was revising. it just never stuck in my head.. thats why im kinda stressed out right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awilson008)
    3 hours per subject per day? You'll burn out! Try to revise smartly when it comes to your subjects. Highlight those areas in which you are struggling and focus on them, after a while you'll become more confident and less stressed.

With quality revision you'll find there's still plenty of time to revise to do well in your exams. I do maths and 3 sciences and have yet to start revising!
    Thanks I'll try that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Why do you only have Easter. Exams are what - late May, early June? Of course you have enough time.

I started revision for my A Levels in the first week of April. The hardest part, for me, is always getting started. So I started off lightly with an hour or so per day then ramping it up so by the time study leave came around I was living in the library. I got an A in every paper I sat and the only reason I didn't make my firm choice university was because my coursework had already been moderated down by the exam board.

how much were you doing come May exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Helpp! im new to this so didnt really know how to ask a question so im asking through this reply.. so here's my BIG question, im on a two U's currently but i aint giving up and im studying english language and math and so i was wondering is the easter holidays enough time and if so, what techniques can i use to revise and how many hours per day are required? i no this is a lot to ask but i would be thankful if you helped me out!! thanks and btw they're as levels n my exams are in MAY!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsAneesa)
    Helpp! im new to this so didnt really know how to ask a question so im asking through this reply.. so here's my BIG question, im on a two U's currently but i aint giving up and im studying english language and math and so i was wondering is the easter holidays enough time and if so, what techniques can i use to revise and how many hours per day are required? i no this is a lot to ask but i would be thankful if you helped me out!! thanks and btw they're as levels n my exams are in MAY!! :eek:
    I know this is late but how did it go? Now in that boat but with 4 subjects... lol I've asked this way too many times. Sorry everyone If I've annoyed the hell out of you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.