Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I bumped into my ex last night and he said he wanted to meet up next week. He then messaged this morning asking about it. This happened over the Christmas holidays too and nothing came of it because he didn't message back.

We broke up over a year ago after it turned out we had both cheated on each other, and we'd had a rubbish relationship for ages anyway arguing etc. Since then when we see each other we have been amicable.

Should I meet up with him? Surely nothing good can come of it and yet it's really tempting because I still get a feeling in my stomach when I talk to him.

Somebody give me some advice please

(Original post by I'm handsome)
    I agree, you need to break up and date someone else
    Just to clarify we aren't together and I have dated other people since him. This is just about whether to meet up with him.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Think it depends what you both want, also depends if you both want to clear the air between you both

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Think it depends what you both want, also depends if you both want to clear the air between you both
    I suspect it's more because of missing each other - after so much time I don't think there is any need for more closure or clearing the air
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suspect it's more because of missing each other - after so much time I don't think there is any need for more closure or clearing the air
    Ok guess you already had that chat about what went wrong? well I don't see an issue with meeting him, think as I said depends what you both want out of this meeting assuming you do meet up.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar situation recently, my ex had messaged me asking to meet up and we bumped into eachother on a night out not long after and whilst we were civil i have no intention to meet up with him as there is no need to rake up the past now i'm over it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anything good would come of it. You split up for a reason and decided not to continue a friendship at that point for a reason. If either of you are currently in a relationship I would highly discourage it for the sake of your partners.

ReputationRep:
    Don't trust him! Just don't. He's rubbish, I can tell. Just say, " hey I'm happy to meet up with you, but I am not interested anymore"

Madzilintronzillamantramaniac
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.