Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've never had any career goals and ended up studying Chem Eng purely because of the appealing graduate salary. The last 3 years studying the subject has confirmed to me that it is something I do not enjoy at all. Originally I was fixated on earning £50k later in life so I figured I would just slug it out and the molah would make up for the dull work but my perspective has changed recently. I have been thinking a lot over the last few months about my future and about how money is not my main goal and I am interested in learning a trade or becoming a fireman. Everyone I speak to is very unsuportive of this notion claiming I will regret it when my class mates from Uni are earning so much more than me. I really don't know what to think and I'm just looking for some advice. Thanks

No, stick to becoming an Chem Engineer. You will not regret it in the future.. Think about all those years doing A level maths, Chem, Physics and Degree level Chemistry. VALUE YOUR SCIENCES. I realized the importance of science the hard way.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.