Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've never had any career goals and ended up studying Chem Eng purely because of the appealing graduate salary. The last 3 years studying the subject has confirmed to me that it is something I do not enjoy at all. Originally I was fixated on earning £50k later in life so I figured I would just slug it out and the molah would make up for the dull work but my perspective has changed recently. I have been thinking a lot over the last few months about my future and about how money is not my main goal and I am interested in learning a trade or becoming a fireman. Everyone I speak to is very unsuportive of this notion claiming I will regret it when my class mates from Uni are earning so much more than me. I really don't know what to think and I'm just looking for some advice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No, stick to becoming an Chem Engineer. You will not regret it in the future.. Think about all those years doing A level maths, Chem, Physics and Degree level Chemistry. VALUE YOUR SCIENCES. I realized the importance of science the hard way.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.