Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Frosties. Dry they're a delicious little snack, in milk they're...a delicious breakfast. Cereal bars? Yep, still delicious. They're always gonna taste great!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I like Frosties dry, but not with milk.. which defeats the object a bit. Golden Nuggets, however are good on their own or with milk, so I'll go with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like both, but Frosties edge it for me.

ReputationRep:
    FROSTIES. S'all about the sugarrr. Screw Klondike Pete and his mule, it's the tiger I want! He's (you guessed it) greaaaaat!

ReputationRep:
    Dani, you screwed that joke up terribly! I'm, quite frankly, offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Dani, you screwed that joke up terribly! I'm, quite frankly, offended.
    HOW?!? So much criticism lately!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, oh, since you put it like that, Dando -

When you place stress on a word in text, you repeat the letter you want to be repeated when vocalised, right? So when I write "Help!", but I'm yelling it for a long time, I write "HELLLLLLP!" - because it's the "l" that's lengthened.

In the Frosties catchphrase, the entire point of the pun is that he's a Tiger, and he's growling. Hence, "Grrrrrrrrreat!" - the way you wrote it, it'd sound phonetically like he's saying "They're Gray-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-tuh."

So there. :P Nyeh-Nyeh.

(This is also why I get ratty when people write stuff like, "I LOVEEEEEEEEE you!" because phonetically that's saying "Luhv-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee")

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Pedantic subnatures aside, with all the Kelloggs Frosties fan-talk up until now, I expected a bit more in the way of avid voting. Maybe you don't love Tony so much after all. Maybe Pete's gonna have his way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I would always vote the same way, but right now I would choose a bowl of nuggets over frosties, so that's the way my vote will have to go.

ReputationRep:
    Frosties! I do love them, I've been out. Also very pleased I haven't been forced to choose between them and Shreddies. Yet.

Nuggets. Though I do love grabbing handfuls of dry Frosties as a snack.

ReputationRep:
    Golden nuggets! The honey sweet milk? The childhood memories! They used to come with the BEST toys! :')

ReputationRep:
    Frosties by far, gotta love that sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Frosties.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Frosties yummmmyyy!

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be Golden Nuggets!

ReputationRep:
    Frosties!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    frosties, golden nuggets go soggy instantly :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Noooo don't let frosties win! Golden nuggets! I love them

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.