FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Frosties

ReputationRep:
    Golden Nuggets.

ReputationRep:
    THE WINNER?

KELLOGGS FROSTIES, TEN TO SEVEN!

The sugar armour might've been massively decreased over the years, with a further revision to occur soon, but that can't stop them from having super-sweet dreams in round two. We really love your Tiger Feet!

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT SELECTED!

NESTLE CURIOUSLY CINNAMON versus NESTLE OATS & MORE!

The weird thing is, when Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Grahams were discontinued in the UK originally, it was assumed it had something to do with the fact we didn't understand what Graham Crackers were (the USA biscuits the cereals are supposed to mimic). So when Cinnamon Grahams came back, Nestle renamed them "Curiously Cinnamon". But then, much later, Golden Grahams came back... and I'm assuming they just figured "Curiously Golden" sounds even more retarded, so just kept the old name. Which is just confusing.

The Oats & More brand was originally an attempt to update and "trendy up" the Nestle Clusters cereal brand, but after it didn't see as massive a revamp as the previously "old person cereal", Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (which are now seen as some kind of "trendy" cereal), Nestle just decided to make multiple different flavours and keep both the Oats&More AND Clusters brands alive!

So both can be seen as resurrection-mastery cereals, but which will rise from the grave no more?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused about the history of Cinnamon Grahams and whether they're called that or Curiously Cinnamon, but I'll go with them anyway 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily115)
    I'm confused about the history of Cinnamon Grahams and whether they're called that or Curiously Cinnamon, but I'll go with them anyway 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
    B...but I literally just explained that exact point...

ReputationRep:
    Curiously cinnamon. They're not as good as Golden Grahams but they are nice. And the honey oats and more is something I've seen before, clusters, flakes, honey, nut..yeah yeah

ReputationRep:
    Cinnamon Grahams (as half American, I refuse to call them Curiously Cinnamon)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    B...but I literally just explained that exact point...
    I know, I know. I don't think I was paying that much attention when I read it the first time, but I think I understand it now! (Kind of)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I tried Curiously Cinnamon once, but can't remember exactly what I thought of it. I'll vote for Oats & More, as I reasonably like it and am more familiar with it than I am with Curiously Cinnamon.

ReputationRep:
    Oats and more for me! More moreish

Cinnamon flavouring is vile at the best of times. I can't understand the attraction, at all.
    Oats for me.

ReputationRep:
    Curiously Cinnamon all the way. Although they'll always be Cinnamon Grahams to me.

ReputationRep:
    Curiously cinnamon. Best cereal to eat dry in my small opinion. I also really appreciate the 'bottom-of-the-box' bowl, something that can't be said for most other cereals which is usually just dust and misery, however here it's super concentrated cinnamon-sugar goodness.

Never tried oats and more though, but based on the fact that it's name is even more embarrassingly naff than curiously cinnamon I can't contemplate it as a worthy rival.

ReputationRep:
    Curiously Cinnamon

Only to be eaten dry.

ReputationRep:
    CURIOUSLY CINNAMON TAKES THE WIN.

What makes them "Curiously" Cinnamon? Did they achieve Cinnamon status by questionable means? Are they defensive about it to the point of questioning? Well, I suppose that's neither here nor there. Cinnamon, curious or otherwise, is what TSR wants in round two!

ReputationRep:
    A little sidenote, why no Chocapic Duo? It's like, one of the greatest chocolate cereal!

ReputationRep:
    LAST OF ROUND ONE!

NESTLE SHREDDIES battles NESTLE COOKIE CRISP!

One is created by Alzheimer's Disease sufferers in an old folks' home, apparently. The other is coveted my a mentally disabled wolf.

I'm unsure about the marketing strategies of EITHER when I summarise like that... but which are you MAD for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    A little sidenote, why no Chocapic Duo? It's like, one of the greatest chocolate cereal!
    (Agreed), but this is a UK sales-based competition based on units shipped and purchased. Chocapic is not a UK-distributed region for things like Chocapic, Crunch Cereal, or Clusters Chocolate, which is why you only get it randomly when it comes up for sale in bargain shops or when there's an overflow from the continent (as Chocapic is sold by Nestle on the mainland).

ReputationRep:
    Cookie Crisp, not for the actual cereal but for the little snack bags they offer. I have a few a week, they're like a pack of crisps but when I fancy something sweeter. So good! Plus, frosted shreddies trump the plain ones

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.