Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oats for me, they are very adaptable. They are especially useful for the making of oaty, gooey cookies... :coma:

Quaker Oats.

ReputationRep:
    Oats so simple
    All bran is like eating twigs... chewy twigs

ReputationRep:
    THIS WINNER: QUAKER OATS SO SIMPLE!

Quaker certainly never pioneered anything to do with Porridge as a breakfast, but you can be damned sure they popularised it! Making it easier and easier to eat Oats can't be a bad thing whatsoever. Though nothing will ever compare to a big bowl of homemade Scott's Porage Oats, cooked gently on the hob - I'm certainly not doing that in the office kitchen, am I?

So Simple, or So Lazy? Nah, just So Convenient, in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT:

KELLOGGS CRUNCHY NUT CORNFLAKES versus KELLOGGS HONEY LOOPS!

It's the battle of the abbreviated name cereals it seems!! The first, up until four years ago, was called "Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cornflakes" in print, now it seems they only use the full name in product documents and legal writing. To the trendy kids it's "Crunchy Nut" in speech!

Slightly different story with the latter; "Honey Nut Loops" became "Honey Loops" after the nut-allergy-sufferers complained they couldn't eat it, so Kelloggs took the peanuts out. What next, nut allergy sufferers moaning they can't eat Snickers?! "Snickers, GET NO NUTS!"

The names might be a ton shorter, but is your love for them diminished too?

ReputationRep:
    To prove how out of the breakfast cereal loop I am, I never even knew that honey nut loops lost their nut. Still going to vote for them though.

ReputationRep:
    Crunchy Nut for me. Honey Loops just taste a bit bland in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    I love both, especially since the honey loops come in mini boxes, I do graze on those a lot..BUT if crunchy nut had the same size boxes, I'd probably buy them too. Ohhhh..this is so hard!

Honey loops

ReputationRep:
    Crunchy Nut

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh, this is difficult!
    Umm... I really like both, but the crunchy nut adverts annoy me. So I think... On that basis... I'm going to go for honey loops.

And I also did not know that they had lost their nuts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    the crunchy nut adverts annoy me.
    Really? :lol: Why?

ReputationRep:
    Crunchy Nut.

ReputationRep:
    Crunchy nut

ReputationRep:
    HONEY LOOPS. One of my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    Really? :lol: Why?

A wild guess but, the infuriating guy saying "SH-whateversh you dyoo... dyon'ttt make a shhhhound" like he's got a mouthful of wet sponge?

PS: I am closing this heat shortly. LAST ORDERS AT THE VOTE... CEREAL... BAR. BALLOT. THING.

ReputationRep:
    Crunchy nut! Mmmmm!

ReputationRep:
    Honey Loops because sometimes I find Crunchy Nut too sickly-sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Nutty crunch all the way! Love me some peanuty breakfast!

Honey Loops. Old skool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    A wild guess but, the infuriating guy saying "SH-whateversh you dyoo... dyon'ttt make a shhhhound" like he's got a mouthful of wet sponge?
    Hmm, I don't think I've seen that advert. Then again, I haven't had much reason to watch much TV since Harry Hill's TV Burp ended. :sad:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.