Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your jogging experiences- eventful, full of incidence? watch

ReputationRep:
    I just went for a jog, thought I'd give this tramp the benefit of the doubt by not crossing the road to avoid him, I thought I'd treat him like a normal person and walking past him instead of around him. So as I walk past him, he honks out some snot from his nostrils onto the ground. I was about 1 yard away from him---- urghh

To me, this is an incident, all I want to do is jog without anything happen to me, disgusting or dangerous. One without any near collisions, no remarks from chavs or passers by etc.

So what are your jogging experiences? There aren't enough green spaces around where I am so the streets are all we have to run on. Unless I do circles in a small yard area or build a human sized hamster wheel.

ReputationRep:
    As a jogger you are enemy #1 for dogs.. no idea why but they always lunge towards me.

ReputationRep:
    I got a can of Tesco lager thrown at me once.... it was empty mind, but at least they cared about keeping me hydrated.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you, but I occasionally find a dead body when I jog.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mini-Cooper)
    As a jogger you are enemy #1 for dogs.. no idea why but they always lunge towards me.
    They always want to play chase with me. :lol:

I once had to stop running because I was hurting; so was walking home. A girl shouts "aren't you meant to be running?"

ReputationRep:
    Jogging alongside the canal with my earphones in, see homeless guy coming up to me, I take my earphones out, he says "thank you" and walks off. What even?

ReputationRep:
    I once went jogging at night because I'd had an awful day and needed to get out and got lost. I left the path to try and get to the road because I was lost, but then I couldn't get on the road because a hedge was in the way, then I couldn't find the path again and it was pitch black. So yeah, I ended up wondering through muddy fields for an hour trying to find the path, but I couldn't and I could see the road, but couldn't get to it because of a stream...eventually I found a house and by this point I was so lost and cold I just went and knocked on their door and asked if they could please direct me. Turns out I was miles away from anywhere and would never have found my way back to the uni, so they invited me in, gave me leftover Sunday roast and a glass of wine. Then I watched Top Gear with them before they drove me back. Could have all been murderers, but nope they were really nice and I've stayed in touch since, so it all turned out ok

ReputationRep:
    Got floured once when running by uni!

Been watered a couple of times but the one time got to return fire when the lights turned badly for them further up the road!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    I once went jogging at night because I'd had an awful day and needed to get out and got lost. I left the path to try and get to the road because I was lost, but then I couldn't get on the road because a hedge was in the way, then I couldn't find the path again and it was pitch black. So yeah, I ended up wondering through muddy fields for an hour trying to find the path, but I couldn't and I could see the road, but couldn't get to it because of a stream...eventually I found a house and by this point I was so lost and cold I just went and knocked on their door and asked if they could please direct me. Turns out I was miles away from anywhere and would never have found my way back to the uni, so they invited me in, gave me leftover Sunday roast and a glass of wine. Then I watched Top Gear with them before they drove me back. Could have all been murderers, but nope they were really nice and I've stayed in touch since, so it all turned out ok

cool sounded like an adventure.

ReputationRep:
    Today had the worst jog ever. Ahahahaa. Went into the forest I live in with my dog and it was all fine until I reached the snow and mud and started sliding all over the place! Got so bad I decided to just give up and walk back because I was definitely going to fall over! Then the dog spotted a horse and nearly got kicked and then decided to run away from me, ran after him and ended up falling over! So ended up coming home drenched in snow and mud, cut up legs from falling over in brambles with a disgraced dog and an earful from the horserider.. Was fab! Decided to have a bath, ran it too hot and nearly fainted! Ahahahaha... Not my day!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.