Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Aston Villa v Liverpool Watch

• TSR Support Team

Another huge game for the Villa as they have dropped back into the bottom 3 following Wigan's win today. Obviously Liverpool will want it as well as they are trying to get up the table.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool team: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Downing, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Coates, Skrtel, Shelvey, Sterling, Suso, Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Villa stay up as I am always in favour of trying to bring through one's own players, and on the rare occasions I've seen them play this season they appear to play a variety of football I very much like. However, I think Liverpool have too much attacking quality for their slightly tentative defence.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind Villa winning all their games once this one is over

I like what they are trying to do and it just needs the owner to take that step back in the summer and allow some older and more experienced players to come in.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like Villa as well would be a real shame to see them go down.

ReputationRep:
    Early warning signs there. Great cross but neither Benteke or GA could convert.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Downing get booed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Why does Downing get booed?
    Played for Villa didn't he? Can't remember how he left though. Was it on bad terms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Played for Villa didn't he? Can't remember how he left though. Was it on bad terms?
    I don't know if he left on bad terms but they got 20mil for him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    True that

Looks like a pretty good game so far.

ReputationRep:
    That is absolutely dreadful. How can you be a Premier League striker and miss that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    The majority of football fans these days are morons so I don't expect much else from them :dontknow:

A terrible of organisation from us defensively, Villa are ****ing terrible and are cutting through us fairly easily.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool need to buck up defensively being cut up rather easily...

ReputationRep:
    A couple of times this game Suarez's lack of pace has been shown up. To me this is one of the major reasons he could never be up there with greatest players like Messi and Ronaldo, a similar thing as to why I couldn't see Coutinho ever being more than a very good and skillful player.

They both lack a true burst of acceleration to allow them clear space on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    We can't handle Benteke at all, it's depressing.

ReputationRep:
    Goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaal.

Fantastic from Suraez. Player of the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    We can't handle Benteke at all, it's depressing.
    He almost tried a Cruyff turn before and it took 3 of our players out :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Saw that coming a mile off

ReputationRep:
    c'mon liverpool

ReputationRep:
    :awesome: :facepalm2: :sigh:

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.