Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

applying through Extras but don't know where to apply to.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off quite early about october/november, thinking my ideal place of uni was in london, particularly Queen Mary's. I was fortunate enough to get offers from all the uni's I applied for including QMU, however now I realize that London life isn't for me and I don't think I'd be comfortable studying and living there.
    So i'm pretty set on rejecting my offers and applying through Extras, but i'm having difficulty finding a Uni.

I'd like to go to a uni that's in a semi-rural/rural area or somewhere that has a pretty landscape, but still has a good night life. And obviously are good at teaching, as the main reason for uni is to learn.
    I was considering Dundee, Swansea, Exeter, East Anglia, Reading or York.

Just wondering if anybody has any other uni's that I could maybe look in too, or any opinions on the uni's i'm considering that would help me pick.

Thanks!

((i'm applying for geography, focusing on the physical side of it, and my predicted grades are ABB))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjar)
    I sent my UCAS off quite early about october/november, thinking my ideal place of uni was in london, particularly Queen Mary's. I was fortunate enough to get offers from all the uni's I applied for including QMU, however now I realize that London life isn't for me and I don't think I'd be comfortable studying and living there.
    So i'm pretty set on rejecting my offers and applying through Extras, but i'm having difficulty finding a Uni.

I'd like to go to a uni that's in a semi-rural/rural area or somewhere that has a pretty landscape, but still has a good night life. And obviously are good at teaching, as the main reason for uni is to learn.

Just wondering if anybody has any other uni's that I could maybe look in too, or any opinions on the uni's i'm considering that would help me pick.

Thanks!

((i'm applying for geography, focusing on the physical side of it, and my predicted grades are ABB))

Sheffield maybe ? what was your reason for wanting a London university in the first place ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YB101)
    Sheffield maybe ? what was your reason for wanting a London university in the first place ?
    I thought that i was ready for a change as i live in a quiet village and always have done and thought there would be more jobs there, however i stupidly applied without going to any open days and now i'm in this position...

ReputationRep:
    First, have a look which universities will be able through Extra. As you will not have choice from all.

ReputationRep:
    If i want to reapply next year...
    Can I still apply to Extras? and then firm a choice from extras?

And then reapply next year?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PinkNailPolish)
    If i want to reapply next year...
    Can I still apply to Extras? and then firm a choice from extras?

And then reapply next year?
    You can't reapply if you already have an offer. So you would need to cancel the choice you made through Extra before reapplying.

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can't reapply if you already have an offer. So you would need to cancel the choice you made through Extra before reapplying.

Sent from my GT-S5363
    But if I reapply with a new UCAS account?

Is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjar)

Thanks!

Southampton/nottingham? Not sure what grades they will want though

ReputationRep:

Is that okay?
    No they don't let you do that. You have one account per cycle.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Is that okay?
    You have to have a new UCAS account to apply. That's just standard

Sent from my GT-S5363

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You have to have a new UCAS account to apply. That's just standard

Sent from my GT-S5363
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjar)

Thanks!

What about Keele ?
    http://www.keele.ac.uk/gge/applicant...utes/physical/
    That's a link to their physical geography course, they do many more!
    And its a campus university in beautiful surroundings but with a good night life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gummibaerchen)
    Southampton/nottingham? Not sure what grades they will want though
    (Original post by yarshad)
    What about Keele ?
    http://www.keele.ac.uk/gge/applicant...utes/physical/
    That's a link to their physical geography course, they do many more!
    And its a campus university in beautiful surroundings but with a good night life
    thank you! i'll check them all out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.