Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I would like to kindly point out i've been at work for the last 19 hours out of 24, my brain is frazzled, thinking hurts and I want to sleep.

I need to be awake at 6am tomorrow to be at work by 7am. I haven't got a clue if my phone is going to put its clock forward or not :L Any suggestions would be greatly received :L Should I set my alarm for 5am? And if it doesn't put itself forward that'll be 6am?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    set two alarms, opne for 5 n one for 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcummins1)
    set two alarms, opne for 5 n one for 6?
    Good plan. I just set an alarm for 6am and it said it will go off in six hours .. so being 11pm I can presume it puts itself forward?

ReputationRep:
    Set the phone for 5am, then check another clock which you know is going to not change/change (eg, a PC will change, a wrist-watch won't) to confirm what the actual time is.

ReputationRep:
    does your phone say something like this "the alarm is set for xx hours and yy minutes from now" after you set the alarm?

If so, work out if it has factored in the clock change.

I've set my alarm to go off at 7:00am and it was 11:00pm, and it says that the alarm is set for 7 hours from now. So mine will change at clock change time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    does your phone say something like this "the alarm is set for xx hours and yy minutes from now" after you set the alarm?

If so, work out if it has factored in the clock change.

I've set my alarm to go off at 7:00am and it was 11:00pm, and it says that the alarm is set for 7 hours from now. So mine will change at clock change time.
    Yeah, set it at 11pm for 6am and it says it will go off in six hours, so I presume/hope it's factored in the time change! Haha, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you have a timer on your phone set the timer for the number of hours you have left.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.