The Student Room Group

barely legal drivers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I hate these people. I hope they crash into a tree before they hit someone and kill them.
Reply 41
None of them deserved a car. They all need to change their attitude first.
Reply 42
Original post by h4mza

To be fair, as much as he seemed like an a**e, the guy from Boro did nothing fundamentally wrong :tongue:
Reply 43
It's thanks to people like this that I have to pay ridiculous insurance. These people need to be taken off the roads. It's becoming beyond a joke 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
The guy this week drove alright
Original post by Pastaferian
They cannot show the footage without the 'star' signing an agreement. For 'sun,sea and suspicious parents' I imagine they pay the party animal a decent sum if, and only if, s/he allows the footage to be used.

On one reality show ('Tool Academy'?) they recruited guys by telling them they were entering some sort of macho contest with a prize of X. On arrival, they were told the true purpose of the show, and told the prize was 2*X. The extra prize money convinced the guys to stay and go through with the show.

They originally sign up for a show called, 'The Big Vacation'. However, when they sign the contract, there is a clause stating that the name of the show can be changed at any time.
4 of my mates were on the most recent series. Obviously they knew that it probably was SSSP, but they just went along with it and ended up getting a free holiday.
Reply 46
Original post by h4mza

attitude to what....
Original post by Future-doc
Actually, the bad driving was not on purpose. The ppl being filmed where told it was for some reality show,like only way is Essex, and they were tricked!! Some of the actors are actually gonna sue!!

*******s.

They were told that initially, however after filming has taken place, but before any of the footage can be used, the people involved have to sign a waiver to say that they give their consent for the footage to be used.

While they may have initially been told that they were being filed for a reality show, before the footage could be used they would have been told what the purpose of the filming was and each and every one of them had then signed to give permission for the footage to be shown.

If they tried to take the BBC to court then it would be laughed out in minutes, because at the end of the day they have all signed a legal document stating that they understand what the footage was to be used for.
I thought the guy from last night deserved the car. He drove well overall.

The girl did some pretty shocking things, like when she stopped in the middle of the motorway! :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by amyshamblesxx
I thought the guy from last night deserved the car. He drove well overall.

The girl did some pretty shocking things, like when she stopped in the middle of the motorway! :confused:

Yeah, she genuinely did need the advanced lessons.

Though as mentioned earlier in the thread they don't seem to be 'true' advanced lessons.
Do they know the camera is there?
Reply 51
Original post by 90pies an hour
Do they know the camera is there?

Yup
Original post by Pastaferian
they are driving at night (unfamiliar conditions which don't happen in lessons or in the test)

You could try and argue this by pointing out that there's (often) far less cars on the road at night. In a lot ways I'd say it's more forgiving and arguably much easier. I once drove some mates home at about 1-1:30 and saw one or two cars, tops. :smile: Depending on how late it is, it's often just a case of whack on your lights and enjoy the empty space.

I did have a few lessons in the dark though, and I can understand your parents' concern.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Converse Rocker
You could try and argue this by pointing out that there's (often) far less cars on the road at night. In a lot ways I'd say it's more forgiving and arguably much easier. I once drove some mates home at about 1-1:30 and saw one or two cars, tops. :smile: Depending on how late it is, it's often just a case of whack on your lights and enjoy the empty space.
I did have a few lessons in the dark though, and I can understand your parents' concern.

You're probably right, but it doesn't cramp my lifestyle too much. Besides, on the list of things to argue with parents about, this is low on the list. I've found that going along with parents views (even when I disagree) convinces them that I am behaving maturely, which puts me in a very good position when it comes to arguments that matter :smile:
Reply 54
So why was the planned show pulled this week? Anyway I thought the guy was the first one who actually deserved the car so far.
Is there an episode next week?
Haven't managed to watch this weeks yet, but i plan on doing so tomorrow
Reply 56
Original post by NatashaLee
Is there an episode next week?
Haven't managed to watch this weeks yet, but i plan on doing so tomorrow

Next Tuesday, episode 4/6
Reply 57
Instead of getting a free car or advanced driving lessons, they should get either advanced driving lessons, a driving awareness course (like the one you get if you are caught speeding, using a mobile phone,etc), or, if their driving is good, a car. Advanced driving lessons aren't going to help with the attitude problem that some of the participants obviously have, whereas driving awareness courses have been proven to do just this.

I think that this is the way that it should have gone:

Show 1:
Guy - driving awareness course, for excessive speeding and attempting to drive while drunk (both of which would have resulted in bans if stopped by Police)
Girl - driving awareness course, for repeatedly using mobile phone

Show 2:
Guy - driving awareness course, for a general bad attitude, attempting to drink drive, plus going through ONE red light at speed (the other two were on amber before he crossed the stop line)
Girl - unsure, she went through a red light (cautiously, and looking both ways first), but that was the only real bad thing that I remember her doing

Show 3:
Guy - car, apart from the driving with mist on the windscreen, his driving was excellent
Girl - advanced driving lessons, her problem was obviously ability rather than attitude
Reply 58
Original post by bear54
So why was the planned show pulled this week? Anyway I thought the guy was the first one who actually deserved the car so far.

Which show was pulled? Episode 3 recorded fine at 9pm on Tuesday.
Reply 59
Original post by NewFolder
Which show was pulled? Episode 3 recorded fine at 9pm on Tuesday.

I'm sure the 'next time' section of last week's ep showed a boy bashing the car into a wall in a parking lot (or something like that), but yesterday's ep was a different one, unless I've missed one between them :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending