Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to study Law this September 2013 at Birmingham City University?

Have you got an offer yet? Firming?

What do you guys think about this university and have you gone to the open day?

Just trying to gauge how many other students have also applied here

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    i've got a conditional offer for law at bcu..
    as far as the open day, i didn't like it as much but i don't think i opened my mind enough

im in a big predicament at the moment, because i'm awaiting on aston for law which is where i want to go, but i dont care to go too far, and i love Birmingham as a city on a whole

so i'm still deciding, but for the course on a whole, it seems pretty amazing. they have mooting, and chances to do apprenteship abroad eg. america to work with death row judges, seems fun. accomadation is nice. but so small and theres like one bathroom per..5/6 people.. bleh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crr4)
    hey!
    i've got a conditional offer for law at bcu..
    as far as the open day, i didn't like it as much but i don't think i opened my mind enough

im in a big predicament at the moment, because i'm awaiting on aston for law which is where i want to go, but i dont care to go too far, and i love Birmingham as a city on a whole

so i'm still deciding, but for the course on a whole, it seems pretty amazing. they have mooting, and chances to do apprenteship abroad eg. america to work with death row judges, seems fun. accomadation is nice. but so small and theres like one bathroom per..5/6 people.. bleh
    Yeah I have a conditional offer for Law at BCU too. I am also waiting on Aston because they haven't given any offers for Pure Law until they get verified by the awarding bodies. Have you applied to University of Birmingham if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I loved their Mooting program and their overseas program.

ReputationRep:
    Hey im doing nursing but wana meet others too if ur up for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiraya Sama)
    Yeah I have a conditional offer for Law at BCU too. I am also waiting on Aston because they haven't given any offers for Pure Law until they get verified by the awarding bodies. Have you applied to University of Birmingham if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I loved their Mooting program and their overseas program.

oh my god! im in the totally same position as you, ive become tired of ringing up aston if they've made a decision but they haven't and its driving me crazy. they only had 40 slots to fill for pure law, so i'm like gaaah no chances of me getting in..

which is really upsetting cause i really want to go to aston!

yeah they all look really good, shame that the campus couldnt really compensate what they offer you booo!

noo i havent applied for birmingham, the grade boundries were ridiculously high!! have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crr4)
    oh my god! im in the totally same position as you, ive become tired of ringing up aston if they've made a decision but they haven't and its driving me crazy. they only had 40 slots to fill for pure law, so i'm like gaaah no chances of me getting in..

which is really upsetting cause i really want to go to aston!

yeah they all look really good, shame that the campus couldnt really compensate what they offer you booo!

noo i havent applied for birmingham, the grade boundries were ridiculously high!! have you?
    Yeah, Ahh, I have been too scared to ring up Aston university and ask them when we are going to get an offer. To be honest, I went to the open day and it slightly put me off going there, however as a good sport, I will wait to see if they give me an offer.

They aren't offering 40, they are offering 80 spaces. I am sure of it. Well, they are offering more spaces, however they are expecting only an average of 80 people to Firm and then take the place.

Yeah, I applied to University of Birmingham and had to do the LNAT test. I got like 24/42, so slightly higher than the national average, but as you can see from a few of the people on this forum, a few people have like 30+/42. Clever clogs people.

They have given me an offer of 10 Distinctions and 5 Merits, so 15 assignments have to be at them grades. Pure Law LLB at university of Birmingham last year was offered at 8 Distinctions and 5 merits, to access course people and for A levels it was AAA last year and AAA this year, so from my "educated" guess, I am guessing they are offering me to an equivalent of A*AA?

I am 4 Distinctions and 2 Merits short, however, I am scared I won't get them. Motivation is going down

However, seeing as we are posting on the BCU forums, I went to the open day at BCU Perry Barr, and I LOVED IT. Couldn't believe how awesome the teachers are, mooting session and their overseas America's program.

Waiting to see if Aston give me an offer though.

Good luck to us both then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.