Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I've met my dream guy but I know he'll never like me back watch

ReputationRep:
    He's perfect- looks, personality, interests, everything... I think about him all the time. The thing is I know he'd never be interested in me as he's way out of my league, maybe he would think of me as a friend, but nothing more

How do I get over this infatuation?

ReputationRep:
    If you are sure that nothing will ever come of it, learn to not think of him or find something to keep you busy e.g. hobby, tv show to follow etc.
    If you think there might be a chance with him then you should at least try to get to know him/be his friend...you never know, he might like you as more than a friend. Sometimes people think that their out of someone's league to find that they are actually exactly who that person was looking for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invisibleme)
    He's perfect- looks, personality, interests, everything... I think about him all the time. The thing is I know he'd never be interested in me as he's way out of my league, maybe he would think of me as a friend, but nothing more

How do you know he won't? That's just self-fulfilling.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to express interest in him now. From the sounds of things you don't know each other well enough yet to be considered close friends, so if he rejects you and you feel like distancing yourself from him, you won't be losing such a good friendship. Plus, the longer you be his friend and friendship deepens, the more you will like him. If you wait and then say something it will hurt so much more if he rejects you. If you tell him now and he rejects you, you will be able to move on and stop obsessing. At the moment you're obsessing not only over him, but also whether he likes you and you're good enough for him. There's no point in agonising over that - he either likes you or he doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly how I feel about David Beckham

lol jk but seriously, maybe he WOULD be interested?? And if he's not, there will be plenty of other guys that fit your criteria who will be interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    My advice would be to express interest in him now. From the sounds of things you don't know each other well enough yet to be considered close friends, so if he rejects you and you feel like distancing yourself from him, you won't be losing such a good friendship. Plus, the longer you be his friend and friendship deepens, the more you will like him. If you wait and then say something it will hurt so much more if he rejects you. If you tell him now and he rejects you, you will be able to move on and stop obsessing. At the moment you're obsessing not only over him, but also whether he likes you and you're good enough for him. There's no point in agonising over that - he either likes you or he doesn't.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:

Have you just met him? Sometimes people can become infatuated by someone that's new and different so that they ignore things they don't like about the person. In this case write a list of reasons he isn't the right one - though it may be hard at first you may realise things that actually complete turn offs for you. No person is completely perfect, so find his annoying traits and focus in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To start I think you need to have more confidence on you. Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect you don't have too much confidence in you. Am I wrong?

Start to be friends with him. Show him how awesome you are. Let the rest happen

ReputationRep:
    Nobody's perfect. Whenever you think of him, and start to believe that he's so much better than everyone else, remember this quote:

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all a part of the same compost pile."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    At the moment you're obsessing not only over him, but also whether he likes you and you're good enough for him
    I hadn't thought about it like that but i think you're right :/ thank you for your advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    How do you know he won't? That's just self-fulfilling.
    looks wise he's about 8/9, i'm probably 4/5. he's popular with lots of friends and a guy that gets lots of attention from other girls, he would have no reason to choose me.

ReputationRep:
    looks wise he's about 8/9, i'm probably 4/5. he's popular with lots of friends and a guy that gets lots of attention from other girls, he would have no reason to choose me.
    You have no way of knowing where love is concerned. I've been in similar boats with a girl not considered as attractive and I wanted her. So it just depends. If he's superficial then yeah, but otherwise no. And you don't know peoples personal issues.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.