Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Today I have finally firmed my place at Plymouth University to study Education Studies. I got to meet a couple of the students possible coming to Plymouth to do the same course on the applicant day in February.
    I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who is going to be doing the same course in September? It would be lovely to get to know people before the beginning of the year!
    So if there is please drop in and say HI! It would be nice to chat about what drew you to the course. And just generally get to know people.
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have also accepted a place for education studies! Although I didn't go to the Applicant day! It would be great to chat to people before we start!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie, yes I really want to get to know some of the people on the course as well before we get there in September! I met a couple of people at the applicant day but we didn't exchange details or anything so that is why I started this to see if there were others out there. Where are you moving from?
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    I live in Plymouth and I'm not sure if I'm moving to halls yet. What about you? You could inbox me your Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sophie, I live in Plymouth as well.i won't be moving into halls. I don't see the point when I live so close and the rent is cheaper at home. I may move into a share house later on but for now I'm staying put. Yea I will send you my name.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I firmed for education a couple of weeks back. =) I'm Jen by the by.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jen please to meet you! I got my Conformation and CRB for through this morning.... Very exciting

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am also going to Plymouth in September to study education studies

ReputationRep:
    Hey Beth =)
    Where are you coming from to go to Plymouth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowsaystheemo)
    Hey Beth =)
    Where are you coming from to go to Plymouth?

Im coming from Plymouth, so not far at all lol what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Beth pleased to meet you.
    What area of Plymouth do you live in?
    Will you be moving into halls?
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Charlie, I'm from chaddlewood in plympton, what part are you from? No, I'm going to be livin at home for the duration just to save a few thousand lol how about you? Are you coming straight from school or have you taken a gap year? X

ReputationRep:
    Hi Beth, I live in Mannamead. I will defiantly be living at home to save the money an it seem really silly considering I live so close anyways I'm only off mutely plain.
    I'm 22 so I have been out of school for a while. I was a nursery nurse for a few years then I have had to go back to city college last September as I don't have any Alevels so I'm currently in the process of doing a access course.
    Are you coming straight from school?
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming from Essex and like Charlie I'm older, 24. Coming in off an access course.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sounds brilliant guys, I've been told on many occasions that there will be alot of older students so don't go thinking you'll be the minority I've taken a year out to decide the root I wante to take as during a levels I had too many careers I wanted to explore, but during my time out I've managed to narrow it down to this currently completely an admin level 3 qualification for an actual college and acting as an exams administrator, love it but knew it wasn't for me do you have an idea of what career path you would like to take after this degree? X

ReputationRep:
    Hello again Beth,
    What you are doing now sounds good but glad it helped you decide what you finally wanted to do! No I do not know what career I want after the course. I know I want to work with children. I really enjoyed my job as a nursery nurse and I could have stayed in the job for years to come. But I knew that sometime in the future, maybe 10/15 year down the line I would probable want to do something different so I decided doing this now would mean that when that day does come I won't have to go juggle with Uni and a family. My mum did a brilliant job doing both but I don't think I would cope with the prospect. I may go back to being a nursery nurse or I may find another career I am interested in. Who knows, that is why I liked this course as it gave me options.
    After my long expenation.... What about you, what do you want to do?
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    That's sounds really good, it's always best to get the most out of education whilst your young I regret not going last year but taking the year out has definately helped me to mature and realise that unis not just fun and games haha well I have a few ideas I'd like to do, I no alot if people who have done this course and gone into primary teaching or mentoring. I feel mentoring in secondary schools is the root I would enjoy most, however more lately I have been getting into contact with other institutes in regards to secondary PGCE's but in areas for health and social care teaching, As that is what I would really love x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im Ashleigh, i accepted my firm offer for plymouth last week to do Ba hons Education Studies
    Ill be coming from weston-super-mare

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ashleigh,
    Congrats on getting on.
    How old are you?
    See you in September I guess!
    6 months to go
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    Hi Charlie, Thanks! Im 19 so slightly older than some
    Not Long Now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.