Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

So I just had to put down GRR Martin's 'A Storm of Swords'... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffled Snuffles)
    Humongous, earth-shattering, spoilers in this thread.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Red Wedding. :nooo:

It felt like it was building towards it but it wouldn't actually happen, which is probably stupid of me considering how the author has dealt with other characters.

But still, I didn't think the Starks would suffer again like this, that too with 2 major characters. I felt a huge tingling sensation when Catelyn felt the chainmail under the guard, you knew something bad was coming... and with the way Grey Wind reacted before he was chained up. It just felt so brutal. Made me really angry.

Jesus ****ing Christ. I have never felt this way about absolutely anything I have seen in a film or read in a book.

I think my feelings are between being distraught and angry.

I think SOS has the most "OMFG, what just happened" moments of any book.

This being one of them. and 2 other main ones...

Later ASOS spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The stuff in AStapor by Dany is badass and the Joffreys Wedding stuff

And to the other people, AFFC and a ADWD, are a bit slower in pace but there's interesting character development and giant build up to 2 gigantic events that are going to happen at the very beginning of the next book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I think SOS has the most "OMFG, what just happened" moments of any book.

This being one of them. and 2 other main ones...

Later ASOS spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The stuff in AStapor by Dany is badass and the Joffreys Wedding stuff

And to the other people, AFFC and a ADWD, are a bit slower in pace but there's interesting character development and giant build up to 2 gigantic events that are going to happen at the very beginning of the next book.
    I agree that the big events coming up required some building up too and actually I thought the 5th book was pretty good to be honest as it had plenty of stuff in it in it's own right!

The fourth on the other hand! Felt like I just had to get through it for the sake of it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.