Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As the title says...

I am a Muslim, female and have a very strong attraction to females sexually. I have been raised in a very open minded family and have never been forced about marriage but as any typical Asian family my parents do want me to get married at some point. I am not saying I am miss world or on top of this universe but I have been told I am "stunning" and or "very attractive" even though I struggle with believing it which is another story.

Anyway...

I really struggle to open up about my sexuality, sadly I have not had much luck with guys who are Asian. I secretly don't want to marry an Asian guy anymore but my family would like that I did despite them being open minded and against forced marriages etc. To cut a long story short I really want to try stuff out with a female umm sexually? And I really do not know where to start?

I have had this problem for years now and I guess I just want to try it out?
    I am not sure why I am coming here but I guess I just need help in knowing how to start? i.e. how do I know a girl is bi - I really don't want anyone of my social circles to know but how does one do it? ...

I have thought about going on websites but also concerned about safety i.e cleanliness and don't want to catch any diseases either...would be great if anyone had experienced this or could advice as I don't know what to do...

thank you in advance for any advice...

umm bump

ReputationRep:
    I hate when religion makes people question their possible life choices and make them feel as though they'd be doing wrong.

If you think you like girls, experiment, find a gf maybe. Don't let an imaginary friend in the sky stop you

ReputationRep:
    It is hard to tell if a girl is gay, I'm not sure how old you are, but most universities and some colleges have LGBT groups, maybe you should go? Also there may be similar groups in the town/city you live in, but I have no idea what these are like. There will obviously be lesbians and bi girls there. Also telling a few close friends might help you to clear your mind, possibly ones outside of your faith as their opinions will not be limited to religious beliefs. I'm bi, and if you ever want to talk to someone about that kind of stuff you can always PM me on here

ReputationRep:
    From a mans perspective. I am bisexual and mainly attracted to men. I am white but have kissed a couple of Asian guys who I have met in clubs.

It is good to meet others at college or uni or visiting bars.

kunoichi - Thank you for the offer but I am no where near you and also would never feel comfortable with a male present, I guess you are right about getting them tested though but again how do you approach the subject - a lot of people may back off and not be willing to be tested. Then I guess I would not do anything with them sexually

Skip_Snip - Thanks for this it is just hard not knowing how to approach someone or know if they are bi but being very private about it all - besides I am attracted to very curvy females on the top and bottom eek

The*****Of96 - I am 24 so not at university although will be doing a post grad soon - I would love to join these LGBT groups but I am extremely private and would not want anyone to know? It is a bit tricky...but I am based in London, thanks for offering to talk

Ben Sh - thanks for your input - btw just to be clear I am not Asian as in chinese but of South Asian origin

Thanks for the support everyone x

ReputationRep:
    There is loads of places in London where you could meet women secretly! There are a lot of bars and clubs, especially in soho for like bisexual women.

I think you should try a website, especially if you want to experiment and you don't want anyone in your social circles to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says...

I am a Muslim, female and have a very strong attraction to females sexually. I have been raised in a very open minded family and have never been forced about marriage but as any typical Asian family my parents do want me to get married at some point. I am not saying I am miss world or on top of this universe but I have been told I am "stunning" and or "very attractive" even though I struggle with believing it which is another story.

Anyway...

I really struggle to open up about my sexuality, sadly I have not had much luck with guys who are Asian. I secretly don't want to marry an Asian guy anymore but my family would like that I did despite them being open minded and against forced marriages etc. To cut a long story short I really want to try stuff out with a female umm sexually? And I really do not know where to start?

I am not sure why I am coming here but I guess I just need help in knowing how to start? i.e. how do I know a girl is bi - I really don't want anyone of my social circles to know but how does one do it? ...

I have thought about going on websites but also concerned about safety i.e cleanliness and don't want to catch any diseases either...would be great if anyone had experienced this or could advice as I don't know what to do...

Lesbian Muslim. You don't see this often in TSR. Be safe and be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemiMarcelle)
    There is loads of places in London where you could meet women secretly! There are a lot of bars and clubs, especially in soho for like bisexual women.

I think you should try a website, especially if you want to experiment and you don't want anyone in your social circles to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good advice.

ReputationRep:
    As the title says...

Anyway...

It's all about unveiling the truth of your sexuality, or even see beyond the veil of sexual ignorance. Try and put the 'fun' back into fundamental islam and your sexuality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody-wood)
    It's all about unveiling the truth of your sexuality, or even see beyond the veil of sexual ignorance. Try and put the 'fun' back into fundamental islam and your sexuality
    I see what you did there

ReputationRep:
    I am not saying I am miss world or on top of this universe but I have been told I am "stunning" and or "very attractive" even though I struggle with believing it which is another story.
    Everyone on this forum seems to have been told this "I get told often how pretty/good looking I am", it's all subjective.

Also, it's not relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Good advice.
    Are you being sarcastic? Haha

ReputationRep:
    You just have to keep in mind that it's a sin in your religion to do sexual stuff with members of the same gender, however I'm not really convinced by religion so would say go for it personally. At the end of the day it's your life & despite it being like half your faith you should never ever come to a point where you feel as though you've disappointed your parents by no marrying a guy. Hope this was of some sort of help

ReputationRep:
    my friend is in the same situation , she also finds girls attractive but is not confident enough to talk to a girl to as k questione, or cannot understand who is bi and who is not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.