Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

So I just have some questions and would like some clarification. I don't mean to sound ignorant as I see questions like this all of the time with people requesting others not to ask something like this but I need just that little bit more assurance.

So I have received my offer from Exeter for Economics and Finance AAA or AA and Welsh Baccalaureate(SP?). Anyway, the real reason I applied to this course was for two reasons; supposedly better for employment (compared to straight economics) and I thought I'd play a game of numbers as I didn't expect an offer at all so when I applied I though I would apply to a course with slightly less applicants applying.

If I told you that I would like a career in maybe like a career in MO banking in a BB (I know it's deemed to be unlikely, at least by the comments on TSR but I have some aspirations) or risk managements and such would you think that Economics and Finance is better for creating opportunity or straight Economics? Consider all things to be equal ie: enjoyment etc. In pure employment possibilities what do you think is the more favourable course?

Also, what course would YOU choose?

btw I acknowledge that you may require more information but I don't want to give too much away as it may alter your own opinions and I want to know what YOU guys think if you were in my position.
    Thank you in advance and I really appreciate any and all advice/guidance

ReputationRep:
    bump!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.