Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Relationships and University Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 yo male... I've met this guy, he's proper decent, we get along pretty well... He's a year older than me and will be going to Uni soon while I'm in school doing my a levels, wut do? Can it work out?
    He's a proper nice guy and he's called Dewi and he's from Wales and there's not a single thing about him I don't like. He's got the cutest sense of humour/laugh/smile/personality/everything! I think he's a keeper... :cool:
    Should we give it up or see if it works out?

ReputationRep:
    Argh I'm the complete opposite situation. I'm going to Uni and there's this guy I really like, and he's really concerned about all of this. He see's uni as a "**** fest" and has doubts. He's such an aweaome guy and I wurv him so him thinking this is upsetting, So I'll be watching this thread to see how I can reassure him.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lmsavk)
    I'm 16 yo male... I've met this guy, he's proper decent, we get along pretty well... He's a year older than me and will be going to Uni soon while I'm in school doing my a levels, wut do? Can it work out?
    He's a proper nice guy and he's called Dewi and he's from Wales and there's not a single thing about him I don't like. He's got the cutest sense of humour/laugh/smile/personality/everything! I think he's a keeper... :cool:
    It is doable, it takes a lot of effort, honesty and communication but it is possible, I encourage you to check this thread out as well http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=626670

ReputationRep:
    I was with my ex for two years before she went to university. We were madly in love and then the arguments began. She ended it with me suddenly half way through my exams and hasn't spoken to me since the day she left me, 3 months ago. Heartbroken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBean1994)
    I was with my ex for two years before she went to university. We were madly in love and then the arguments began. She ended it with me suddenly half way through my exams and hasn't spoken to me since the day she left me, 3 months ago. Heartbroken.
    You're supposed to be reassuring -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    You're supposed to be reassuring -.-
    Haha sorry. I think it's best hearing it from both directions though, don't you? Some work, some don't.

ReputationRep:
    Haha sorry. I think it's best hearing it from both directions though, don't you? Some work, some don't.
    How far away was she from you? How much time did you spend physically together?

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats heartbreaking! Have you not tried to contact her? Maybe she would want that and is too shy to do it first? I understand not wanting to though especially as it was her choice and you don't want to be rejected.

Poor you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Argh I'm the complete opposite situation. I'm going to Uni and there's this guy I really like, and he's really concerned about all of this. He see's uni as a "**** fest" and has doubts. He's such an aweaome guy and I wurv him so him thinking this is upsetting, So I'll be watching this thread to see how I can reassure him.
    Miracle Day, aren't you called Dewi and from Wales?

ReputationRep:
    My only input is that I knew this guy who was madly in love with his gf at sixth form. Gf goes to east anglia and dumps him soon after. Also when I was briefly at uni I was kissed by this girl, I asked if she had a bf, and she said yes but he lives in cambridge and who cares about him. Also the female friend I was with who had a bf was caught snogging the guy she claimed was her "cousin". I'm sorry to say that it's true that people do go wild at university.

ReputationRep:
    How far away was she from you? How much time did you spend physically together?
    She was only an hour and a half away :/ I came to see her once a week and she'd come to see me every weekend. So it wasn't lack of seeing each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbows!)
    Oh thats heartbreaking! Have you not tried to contact her? Maybe she would want that and is too shy to do it first? I understand not wanting to though especially as it was her choice and you don't want to be rejected.

Poor you
    I tried to contact her for a few weeks after but it kept upsetting her. She threatened to get me charged with harassment which was absolutely ridiculous. Thought there was no point in trying to talk to her because she was so cold after such an amazing relationship

ReputationRep:
    I tried to contact her for a few weeks after but it kept upsetting her. She threatened to get me charged with harassment which was absolutely ridiculous. Thought there was no point in trying to talk to her because she was so cold after such an amazing relationship
    A lot of people go cold to help get over there feelings for that person especially if they generally are warm towards them normally. I am sorry to hear you contact attempts have not worked out as well as you would like. Do you find not contacting her hard? I find it very difficult I always feel as though I 'should' be talking to that person and trying and trying to make amends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aek-94)
    Miracle Day, aren't you called Dewi and from Wales?
    Ehh.. no :K: :ninja:

Truthfully when I go to uni I will end things with my boyfriend of a year. It just won't work. I don't want him moving with me as he has a job here and I don't want him visiting every second as I don't want to be the one making things awkward by bringing the boyfriend, and I know if I have someone I know near by or who will come running if I'm lonely I won't be forced to make new friends and the whole uni experience won't be the same

Long distance doesn't work in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people go cold to help get over there feelings for that person especially if they generally are warm towards them normally. I am sorry to hear you contact attempts have not worked out as well as you would like. Do you find not contacting her hard? I find it very difficult I always feel as though I 'should' be talking to that person and trying and trying to make amends.
    Yeah I guess but I really didnt deserve it. Especially over the phone during my exams. Thanks for understanding. Oh yeah, not talking to her is torture and I always get the urge to message her but she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore which kills me. Everything I do reminds me of her. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess but I really didnt deserve it. Especially over the phone during my exams. Thanks for understanding. Oh yeah, not talking to her is torture and I always get the urge to message her but she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore which kills me. Everything I do reminds me of her. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship
    I know how you feel there, really I do. I struggle a lot with it but I know somewhere, it is for the 'best'. If you want to PM me for a chat about things then please do

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel there, really I do. I struggle a lot with it but I know somewhere, it is for the 'best'. If you want to PM me for a chat about things then please do
    Thank you very much I'll keep that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    I had a GF back home for the first year of uni. We'd been together for 3 months before I went to uni.

We lasted the year... then the next summer, she broke up with me.

So I wouldn't bother... you'll "change" or some rubbish like that...

ReputationRep:
    My ex broke up with me over fb chat...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.