Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My Case Studies for Unit 1 Geography are a mess, some sheets are blank, make no sense or just aren't detailed enough. Any GCSE Geography WJEC textbooks that I could buy online and learn the case studies from? I just need the case studies. I've got this orange textbook by WJEC with penguins on the cover, but the case studies are only a single paragraph long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifebook02)
    My Case Studies for Unit 1 Geography are a mess, some sheets are blank, make no sense or just aren't detailed enough. Any GCSE Geography WJEC textbooks that I could buy online and learn the case studies from? I just need the case studies. I've got this orange textbook by WJEC with penguins on the cover, but the case studies are only a single paragraph long.
    I'd suggest just building your own case studies. Get a basis of everything that you need to know for each case study for each section of the specification, and get Googling. Don't rely on textbooks, research it yourself and it'll be easier to learn the facts in the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    I would never use textbook case studies and rely on them to get good marks, they are often in the textbook for a reason, and will be very common. Agree with person above and google. Also look in academic literature, you may not understand it, but there may be bits you do understand and where there is a case study.

You can only remember 7 things well, so remembering 7 major things to do with the case study will be all you need. You can always use a common case study and do the 7 things and then find odder case studies and just remember 1 or 2 things on it, that can then be used to back it up.

ReputationRep:
    Also a lot of text book case studies are very old and you should use more recent ones (within the last 20 years)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    Also a lot of text book case studies are very old and you should use more recent ones (within the last 20 years)
    is actually last 30 years. No where other than AQA does it actually state a time limit, and 30 years is generally accepted by the other exam boards.

A lot of the case studies are within the last 10 years in textbooks, there are some older than 10 years, but there aren't actually that many generally included unless they are big and well known.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.