ReputationRep:
    I'm currently revising for my GCSE exams this summer and this site has already been a great help to me within the first ten minutes. I have one question though. When I create a forum such as this one or another one on the "GCSE help" one, how can I keep track of the replies? Basically, I've been keeping my threads open in separate tabs and have been refreshing them to check for new replies. Is there a more efficient way of doing this? I don't get notifications in my email so I'm kind of stuck on this matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifebook02)
    I'm currently revising for my GCSE exams this summer and this site has already been a great help to me within the first ten minutes. I have one question though. When I create a forum such as this one or another one on the "GCSE help" one, how can I keep track of the replies? Basically, I've been keeping my threads open in separate tabs and have been refreshing them to check for new replies. Is there a more efficient way of doing this? I don't get notifications in my email so I'm kind of stuck on this matter.
    You can "subscribe" to/"watch" a thread by looking for this option under "Thread Tools" when viewing the thread. When there are new posts, you'll then see this flagged in your "Watched Threads" widget (which should be enabled by default) and you can also choose to receive updates by email.

When people quote your posts (as I've done), this will show up in your "Who Quoted Me" widget, which is again enabled by default.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.