Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm procrastinating in 1 of the most old-fashioned ways - creating a study timetable for the Easter hols!! To make this take up even more of my time, I've decided to create a vibrantly colour-coded one in Excel!! :rolleyes:

Thing is, I'm not sure how to add borders to the table (ie: a black line that goes around certain cells. I thinnkkkkk I'm using Excel 2010? It was simpler to add borders to cells in Excel 2003/2007 but not in this one o.O

Help please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsGal)
    I'm procrastinating in 1 of the most old-fashioned ways - creating a study timetable for the Easter hols!! To make this take up even more of my time, I've decided to create a vibrantly colour-coded one in Excel!! :rolleyes:

Thing is, I'm not sure how to add borders to the table (ie: a black line that goes around certain cells. I thinnkkkkk I'm using Excel 2010? It was simpler to add borders to cells in Excel 2003/2007 but not in this one o.O

Help please
    Is this what you're looking for? http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/ex...#_Toc256078351
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PhysicsGal)

Help please
    Setting borders in Excel 2010 shouldn't be significantly different from doing it in Excel 2007!

If you use the Ribbon, then on the Home tab there's a group of settings with the word Font underneath them (it's the second group after "Clipboard" on my Ribbon) - in the middle of that group there's an icon that looks like a square with a border round it, and it has a drop-down that you can use to select more borders.

Alternatively, if you right-click the block of cells you want to format you get a pop-up menu which contains the traditional Format Cells... dialog box - you can use this to set Font, Number options, Borders etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Is this what you're looking for? http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/ex...#_Toc256078351
    Ahhh no idea why I didn't see that in the first place! Thank you ^^

(Original post by davros)
    Setting borders in Excel 2010 shouldn't be significantly different from doing it in Excel 2007!

If you use the Ribbon, then on the Home tab there's a group of settings with the word Font underneath them (it's the second group after "Clipboard" on my Ribbon) - in the middle of that group there's an icon that looks like a square with a border round it, and it has a drop-down that you can use to select more borders.

Alternatively, if you right-click the block of cells you want to format you get a pop-up menu which contains the traditional Format Cells... dialog box - you can use this to set Font, Number options, Borders etc
    Cheers guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.