Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Health and social care VS Health science.. Someone help please!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ncl-coll.ac.uk/courses/50...nd-social-care

http://www.ncl-coll.ac.uk/courses/69...health-science

There are the two separate courses. My end goal is to be a paramedic. I have a C in science, however i have a very slight weak spot in chemistry. I have acknowledged this and I am working to get better at it.

Which course would be more beneficial for me?

Many thanks, dan.

ReputationRep:
    IMO health and social care sounds more interesting and varied... maybe you should try talking to a career guidance officer at the college and ask for advice .

anywayz good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Id say health science if you want to be a paramedic. It will probably focus more on anatomy and things like that compared to health and social

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies.

ReputationRep:
    I do health and social care, so to be a paramedic I'd say health science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maiaanastasia)
    I do health and social care, so to be a paramedic I'd say health science
    Yeah so do I and I have to agree. Health and social is great if you way to be a nurse, because it has more care in it. Health science seems more relevant to be a paramedic because of the science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyab)
    Yeah so do I and I have to agree. Health and social is great if you way to be a nurse, because it has more care in it. Health science seems more relevant to be a paramedic because of the science.
    Yeah it's also really good for teaching, which is what I may be studying! I think you'll be best of with the sciencey course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maiaanastasia)
    Yeah it's also really good for teaching, which is what I may be studying! I think you'll be best of with the sciencey course
    I'm coming to the end of an access to HE diploma course in health science to become a paramedic... so, yeah, go for health science!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holax)
    I'm coming to the end of an access to HE diploma course in health science to become a paramedic... so, yeah, go for health science!

Thank you very much!! Could i private message you to get some more info??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan7744)
    Thank you very much!! Could i private message you to get some more info??
    Yeah, sure

ReputationRep:
    I do Health and Social Care Level 3 and I think you should probably go with Health Science if you want to be a paramedic !
    But if you want more guidance, try speaking to connexions and see what they think !

ReputationRep:
    I have almost finished my BTEC extended diploma in health and social care (Health Sciences.) Definitely go for health sciences if you want to do any medical related course. I've just been accepted onto a nursing degree along with the majority of my class who all applied for health related degrees (including paramedic sciences.) Your science weakness shouldn't be a problem at all, its all been pretty basic science and the science unit assignments have been more biology and health care related, and all related to what you would be applying for If you need any more info feel free to message me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.