Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for the Early Childhood degree at UWE?
    I've seen a lot of posts about Primary Early Years but not Early Childhood!
    Would be good to find people on my course

ReputationRep:
    I am! really looking forward to starting now! Have you made uwe your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I made it my firm choice a few days ago have you?
    Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Aah cool, yeah well I applied to do it last year and made uwe my first choice, I got accepted later in the summer but deferred last minute! So I'm definitely going to uwe! where else have you applied? What are you thinking to choose for accommodation? Nice to find someone on the course!

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is Worcester, but hopefully I'll get the grades for UWE
    I'm not sure about accommodation yet, I'll probably stay on Frenchay. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Aah ok, fingers crossed you get into uwe would be nice to know someone on the course! I know someone studying early childhood at Worcester and that seems good too, that was one of my choices too! I'm hoping for student village in frenchay, Its quite pricey though :/ sorry for the very late reply!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for linking me to this thread Rachel Oh yay it's good to find other people doing Early Childhood! I've seen a few people who will be doing primary education but none for early childhood. I've heard really good things about the course, and the uni aswell, and Bristol is an awesome city . Where are you girls from?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Reading, what about you?
    It's good to find other people on the course, I got a bit worried when no one was posting about it!

ReputationRep:
    I know me too! But I'm glad there is a couple people at least haha! I'm from Devon live about 1 and a half hours from Bristol. Where are you hoping to live? Have you applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Aha it's nice to hear from someone else! I'm getting so excited to move to Bristol now! It's such a lovely city with lots going on all the time! I've made the student village my first choice, Have you two applied yet? That's good that's its not too far away for you I live in Hereford which is just over an hour away

ReputationRep:
    I've also made student village my first choice!
    Do you know when we find out where we will be living?

ReputationRep:
    It looks really nice doesn't it! I think it's some time in June, and you have 10 days to confirm it, I'm not really sure if they email you telling you to look at our uwe loggin or if we just have to keep checking :/ hopefully it will be straight forward!

ReputationRep:
    I've got the student village for my first choice too! And Carroll Court for my second. Student Village looks really nice, expensive, but I'd definitely rather have my own bathroom lol . Hopefully they'll email us!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am hopefuly starting Early Childood in the summer! And I have applied to stay in halls on Frenchay, so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Yay so excited that there are a few people here on the Early Childhood course! Is everyone coming straight from college/sixth form or have people taken gap years?

ReputationRep:
    I am coming straight from college, I would have loved to taken a gap year though! How about you? Has anyone heared back about accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming straight from sixth form
    Has anyone been asked to upload their GCSE certificates onto the Welcome page yet?
    They haven't asked me for mine, but I've read that some people have sent theirs anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21, I went to uni straight from college, really didnt like my course so I worked for a bit and I've just got home from traveling! . Haven't heard from accommodation yet, I think they said June...? They asked for my Maths GCSEand English, and also my ALevels, I uploaded them but I think we might have to take them to show them anyway.. Is everyone excited to start?!

ReputationRep:
    Aah that sounds really nice! Where did you go travelling? It's my gap year this year, I've been working in a nursery and am going travelling for a month in June round Europe it's been such a long wait to move to Bristol, I can't wait now!!! I've uploaded my college certificate but wasn't asked for gcse's...I better do that!

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice! Where in Europe are you going? I went to America for a year, I was nannying near Washington DC and tried to see as much as I could while I was there! I know I'm really excited too, just want accommodation to be all sorted so we know where we will be living! I have a friend there who said that their freshers fair is really good! What're people looking forward to most about uni??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.