Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    This camera isn't painted yellow, but the road is decorated with speeding camera signs. I thought that they always had yellow coating, or at least the white lines on the road.
    FYI, I've been a good boy and not sped! :3
    See camera here: http://goo.gl/maps/9umxs
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Also, can cameras scan vehicles in both directions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginister)
    Hey all,
    This camera isn't painted yellow, but the road is decorated with speeding camera signs. I thought that they always had yellow coating, or at least the white lines on the road.
    FYI, I've been a good boy and not sped! :3
    See camera here: http://goo.gl/maps/9umxs
    Thanks a lot!
    Sure looks like one.

Some can, I believe. I couldn't say for sure if that one does, though.

Are you planning a drag race or something? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Normal cameras can do both directions, but I think that one is a speed monitoring camera, like they have on the motorway. Although that doesn't really account for why its close to a bus stop...

ReputationRep:
    That camera is a Watchman speed camera, but because it's not type-approved, it can't be used to issue fines/points.

Not to be confused with the blue TrafficMaster cameras, which simply monitor traffic flow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    Sure looks like one.

Some can, I believe. I couldn't say for sure if that one does, though.

Are you planning a drag race or something? :curious:
    Lool :P Nah, I just go on that road a lot and I was wondering if I'm doing things right as I probably slow to 25-27 for that, after the speed changes from 40 to 30 limit! Feels like snail's pace, but if I have to do it then I shall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunnikan Smudge)
    Normal cameras can do both directions, but I think that one is a speed monitoring camera, like they have on the motorway. Although that doesn't really account for why its close to a bus stop...
    Yeah, very odd placement. And the road is quite well separated there so I keep assuming that it can't catch both sides of the road. Most likely very wrong there though, and I shan't test the theory

ReputationRep:
    Lool :P Nah, I just go on that road a lot and I was wondering if I'm doing things right as I probably slow to 25-27 for that, after the speed changes from 40 to 30 limit! Feels like snail's pace, but if I have to do it then I shall
    Better to be safe than sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JO53PHS)
    That camera is a Watchman speed camera, but because it's not type-approved, it can't be used to issue fines/points.

Not to be confused with the blue TrafficMaster cameras, which simply monitor traffic flow.
    I must ask then, why is it there if it can't catch out a speeder? Seems pointless (Spare the pun...)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    Better to be safe than sorry!
    Wise words! :P

ReputationRep:
    I must ask then, why is it there if it can't catch out a speeder? Seems pointless (Spare the pun...)!
    Apparently they just send you a letter telling you to watch your speed, or something along those lines. Obviously this has no effect whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JO53PHS)
    Apparently they just send you a letter telling you to watch your speed, or something along those lines. Obviously this has no effect whatsoever.
    Ah right! I'd open it in panic and finish reading with joy! :P Thanks very much

ReputationRep:
    These are the worst type of camera... because by the time you've seen it whilst breaking the speed limit, it's too late!

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/truvelo.htm

Since the one you've mentioned here is not on the following page, you should be ok!

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-types.htm

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Thanks a lot!
    I'm not sure, because there's no white lines on the road, which usually signifies the area where the camera photographs, but it looks like one.
    That seriously doesn't look like it would be able to photograph both lanes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.