The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
PC - an apple keeps the doctor away and I want to meet a time lord.

I repped u only because of the doctor who reference.
Reply 41
In terms of OS, it's close. In terms of hardware and cost, it really isn't.

PC all the way (and I've used both for years).
I personally use a Linux/XP dualboot, only really using the Windows partition for photoshop.

I hate the way Apple work. Non user serviceable parts, (soldered RAM, non standard SSD, fused display and glued battery on the macbook pro. Apple wont sell parts, and if you wanted to open the case, special tools are needed, meaning you have to pay someone to fix your product despite the possibility of having the knowledge and skill to do so yourself.

Being forced to use iTunes, no simple drag and drop file transfers, having to sync each time.
3rd party developers are not allowed access to main functions or features of their products, but steal the ideas they like the best and integrate them into the next iOS update, without credit to the original developers.
Macbooks have been known to overheat to the point of warping, iPods were sold preloaded with a worm that infected Windows computers, there was the whole iPhone 4s dropping signal.

They market Macs as being virus free, but do not use the word virus as a blanket term. There are a large number of trojans, keyloggers, spyware and remote admin exploits which have been extremely successful in compromising Mac security.
And then there's the snobbish elitism I can't stand.
(edited 11 years ago)
the last bit is just insulting....

That was sort of the intention...
Reply 44
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
PC - an apple keeps the doctor away and I want to meet a time lord.

:rofl: +rep
Reply 45
It's all about the OS. OSX is a far more appropriate system for the everyday user; you can't modify it as much as you can a PC, but therefore it's less fiddly and more accessible.

But then again, if you were to buy a PC that costs the same amount as a Mac, you'd get far better specs for your money - but generally people who need those kinds of specs are looking to customise their system and therefore would opt for Windows anyway.
Reply 46
PC, so you don't look like a tool. Macs are overpriced.
Original post by blueberryyums
I'd argue and say my Mac has served me better when it comes to what I want to use it for which is music and movie editing. If I were a gamer, a PC would be way better. Whenever I ask a person why they claim to dislike macs, the only reason they give is "It is too complicated". *facepalm. In a room of a mac and 10 pcs, the mac gets the strongest internet connect too.

Another reason I'd say macs is, every mac caters to the disabled for no additional costs. The keyboard is braille, the gestures you use serves a one armed person and the list is endless. I had a friend with one arm and when her macbook got stolen, she got another mac without contemplation. Not cause she was rich but cause she wo She uses photoshop like no other person and I doubt using a PC would give her the leeway she has with a mac. That's just an example. :smile:

Please edit this post to be less than 140 characters :smile:
PC, more bang for your buck and you can replace parts. Mac OS X is no easier to use than Windows 7, this is a lie made up by Apple fan boys.
Original post by Bonoahx
PC. Cheaper, more upgradeable, more programs to install, no pretentious Apple employees judging you, and you can install Linux easily.

What is Linux like as an operating system?

What do you use it for?

I have often wondered about alternative oses to windows but macs are too expensive for most consumers
Reply 50
PC. Macs are ****ing horrendous
Original post by bloomblaze
What is Linux like as an operating system?

What do you use it for?

I have often wondered about alternative oses to windows but macs are too expensive for most consumers

I use openSUSE on my netbook, great for general use but hard to use games on it, possible though. You wouldn't use games on a netbook anyway.
PC's forever :love:
Reply 53
I use a mac, but pc's do have their advantages...
if we are talking about user friendliness than pc is the right option and if we talk about compatibility then mac is better
This should really be in the computer section of the forum however I narrowly lean towards windows.

I will say that if your buying a desktop/laptop as stock rather than purchasing components yourself then your willfully wasting money and rendering your opinion in this debate somewhat mute.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending