Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Boyfriend's 30th - where to take him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

It's my boyfriend's 30th in September and I want to take him away but not sure where.

I was thinking rather a very nice boutique type hotel in London (or anywhere in the UK) or going abroad but it's midweek when we can go and for 3 nights so this might be a little tight. I would like it to be a mainly relaxing holiday so somewhere quite hot would be great. He is adventurous, loves outdoors, sports, shooting and military.

Has anybody got any recommendations for a luxury hotel or a city break you can recommend?

Many Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you actually want something with activities, the lake district can pretty good, there a few 5 star hotels and luxury cabins you can stay in, although weather may not be the best. If you do want somewhere hot in September, probably have to go Mediterranean for the closest.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like your boyfriend is a lot like mine! Unless you really want to go with him I'd let him and a mate go away for a stag shooting break in Scotland. It's something my other half has always wanted to do but I'm not interested at all.

Otherwise, I still think the highlands and Snowdonia are great places for relaxing and walking.

Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.