Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

ive got an unconditional offer from LSE to study law and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept it, only thing is I've been told horribleeeeeeeee things about the social life. Is it really as bad as people say? Also, i would be living at home as I live a 25 minute train journey away from Charring Cross station, so it would be cheaper for me. Are there any current LSE students on here who live at home? If so what have been your experiences?

Failing LSE I'll probably end up at Nottingham (admittedly still a good uni, but it does quite have the rep that LSE does)

thank you in advance to anyone who does reply, and if our paths do cross at some point at LSE (should I accept) then the first drinks are on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdoey)
    Hi guys.

ive got an unconditional offer from LSE to study law and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept it, only thing is I've been told horribleeeeeeeee things about the social life. Is it really as bad as people say? Also, i would be living at home as I live a 25 minute train journey away from Charring Cross station, so it would be cheaper for me. Are there any current LSE students on here who live at home? If so what have been your experiences?

Failing LSE I'll probably end up at Nottingham (admittedly still a good uni, but it does quite have the rep that LSE does)

thank you in advance to anyone who does reply, and if our paths do cross at some point at LSE (should I accept) then the first drinks are on me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qneKSsLP0q4
    The one girl in this video went to LSE and talks about the social aspect of it (Warning, she doesn't say great things about it), and generally gives some good advice. Thats the extent of my knowledge but I thought it might help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateislate)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qneKSsLP0q4
    The one girl in this video went to LSE and talks about the social aspect of it (Warning, she doesn't say great things about it), and generally gives some good advice. Thats the extent of my knowledge but I thought it might help!
    Oh the irony after watching this helpful video. I just rejected a UCL law offer for a LSE one..... Ah for the love of *****
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by KingofNil)
    Oh the irony after watching this helpful video. I just rejected a UCL law offer for a LSE one..... Ah for the love of *****
    You have a 7 day cooling off period to swap if you want?
    I haven't firmed anything yet~I'm still not 100% sure of my choice *sigh*
    I have a economics offer from both LSE and UCL, on the one hand I loved UCL at the open day but on the other...its LSE... for economics! So many resources at your disposal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.cookie.monster)
    I have a economics offer from both LSE and UCL, on the one hand I loved UCL at the open day but on the other...its LSE... for economics! So many resources at your disposal
    go for lse sw4g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.cookie.monster)
    I know ur aside from the fact that LSE is marginally better for Law overall LSE has a brand name only really surpassed by Oxbridge. Add to that the fact that a large number of LSE students return to their home countries and do not remain in the uk and being an ls graduate makes you a scarcer commodity in the job market. I guess I'm just too weak t do what I ow will make e happiest.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofNil)
    I know ur aside from the fact that LSE is marginally better for Law overall LSE has a brand name only really surpassed by Oxbridge. Add to that the fact that a large number of LSE students return to their home countries and do not remain in the uk and being an ls graduate makes you a scarcer commodity in the job market. I guess I'm just too weak t do what I ow will make e happiest.....

Know exactly what you mean about being too weak to do what makes you happiest, I ended up declining law at Nottingham and accepting it at LSE.. Guess I'll be seeing you in A few months then mate :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdoey)
    Hi guys.

If you can afford it, then seriously don't live at home. Living out is a big part of the uni experience.

Social life has been centered around my halls. Most halls organise they're own freshers stuff however all halls come together for like three LSE events.

If you live at home there's not that many opportunities to make friends/meet new people and at a uni like lse i wouldn't take the risk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdoey)
    Know exactly what you mean about being too weak to do what makes you happiest, I ended up declining law at Nottingham and accepting it at LSE.. Guess I'll be seeing you in A few months then mate :cool:
    Looking forward to it.... I'll be the one at the back of the class contemplating suicide!

ReputationRep:
    Ah the new bunch of hopeful lawyers! Congrats on all your offers and stuff, but be warned...the social life can be quite as bad as they say. In fact, I think the only reason I have a social life is because I'm staying in inter-collegiate halls so its mixed up. But yeah I'd advise staying away from home and learning to be independent and stuff...not to mention living in Halls is gonna be fun as well. Well goodluck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 17, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.