Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Thanks for reading this
    I am hoping to study Japanese/ Chinese and French next year and am curious about Southampton's BA modern language course/ BA language learning courses:
    I noticed that you could study Japanese or Chinese within these degrees, as such I just ave a few questions
    1. Are Japanese or Chinese taught intensively, particuarly since they aren't listed as single/ dual honours subjects?
    2. For the year abroad, would I be able to spend the majority of it in Asia, rather than France?
    3. For anyone studying, or has studied Japanese/ Chinese at Southampton, would you say that you have a high level of competence in the languages either at any point on the course or upon graduation?
    Thanks again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 31, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 9 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.