Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

When you get your student loan in three instalments, what percentage of it do you receive at each instalment? Is a a third each time of weighted different ways?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke2511)
    Hi

When you get your student loan in three instalments, what percentage of it do you receive at each instalment? Is a a third each time of weighted different ways?

Thanks
    You pretty much get a 1/3 each time, and you get it usually the first day of each term in Sept/Oct, Jan and April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    You pretty much get a 1/3 each time, and you get it usually the first day of each term in Sept/Oct, Jan and April.
    Thanks, I thought this but wasn't sure!!!

ReputationRep:
    the last term is the biggest to get you over the summer, except for your last year when your funding ends when you take your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balotelli12)
    the last term is the biggest to get you over the summer, except for your last year when your funding ends when you take your exams.
    Oh? So they're not equal amounts?

ReputationRep:
    not quite, no.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thanks
    If you've applied, they will already have your payment schedule and you should be able to view it.

ReputationRep:
    2011/2012 cycle I got all my finances in one go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExWunderkind)
    If you've applied, they will already have your payment schedule and you should be able to view it.
    How do I do that? I don't think my application had been approved yet though.

ReputationRep:
    How do I do that? I don't think my application had been approved yet though.
    Hmm I believe mine were showing before it was officially approved.

If you click on your active application, there should be a section titled 'Your payment timetable for Maintenance Loan and Grants' and it should show your payment dates. It might not though, depending on the progress of your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExWunderkind)
    Hmm I believe mine were showing before it was officially approved.

If you click on your active application, there should be a section titled 'Your payment timetable for Maintenance Loan and Grants' and it should show your payment dates. It might not though, depending on the progress of your application.
    Nothing there now, they must have changed the website

How long do they usually take to approve applications?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing there now, they must have changed the website

How long do they usually take to approve applications?
    It depends on the volume they have going through, and I'm guessing they are quite busy at the moment. And there have been 2 bank holidays over the past week as well.

Your first payment will be due 3 - 4 days after your Uni have confirmed your attendance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.