Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey everybody

So basically, I am 19 and this September I shall be undertaking a Access To HE in business management! and looking to start university in September 2014 studying accounting & finance after I have completed my course.

My questions are, what kind of chance do I actually have against people who have done the A-Level route?

I do work in accounts at the momement, and by the time I start my course in September I would have had 1 year and 6 months worth of working accounts experience... would I show this on my applications? and so I am guessing it would improve my chances I hope of getting a place as I already know some of the basic accounting principles and how things work (Accounts Receivable, Payable) etc,

I as well have kind of got a list of Universitys I have checked out online which I think I would fit in to and would be thinking off going to which are....

1.Westminster University
    2.Queen Mary, University London
    3.University Of Greenwich
    4.London Metropolitan
    5.City University London
    6.London South Bank - (Maybe)

Does anybody go to any of the universitys and do you feel they are good?

Is anybody studying accounting at any of these also and feel that they are learning a lot with a good standard of teaching?

Also, has anybody got in to these universitys with a access course?

As well, Westminster university probably is my top choice, and they have a open day on I think the 19th June, would it be worth taking the train down for the day to check it out? or just wait till I will be applying in October/November time?

any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.