Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody

So basically, I am 19 and this September I shall be undertaking a Access To HE in business management! and looking to start university in September 2014 studying accounting & finance after I have completed my course.

My questions are, what kind of chance do I actually have against people who have done the A-Level route?

I do work in accounts at the momement, and by the time I start my course in September I would have had 1 year and 6 months worth of working accounts experience... would I show this on my applications? and so I am guessing it would improve my chances I hope of getting a place as I already know some of the basic accounting principles and how things work (Accounts Receivable, Payable) etc,

I as well have kind of got a list of Universitys I have checked out online which I think I would fit in to and would be thinking off going to which are....

1.Westminster University
    2.Queen Mary, University London
    3.University Of Greenwich
    4.London Metropolitan
    5.City University London
    6.London South Bank - (Maybe)

Does anybody go to any of the universitys and do you feel they are good?

Is anybody studying accounting at any of these also and feel that they are learning a lot with a good standard of teaching?

Also, has anybody got in to these universitys with a access course?

As well, Westminster university probably is my top choice, and they have a open day on I think the 19th June, would it be worth taking the train down for the day to check it out? or just wait till I will be applying in October/November time?

any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Milan.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.