Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What to buy a Spanish exchange student? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm travelling over to Spain soon to meet my Spanish exchange for the time - what presents should I take?? She's 15 and a girl, with an older brother and 2 parents to buy for - any ideas?? I thought that perhaps one of my favourite music CDs would be one good present, but what else would she like to receive? I live in London BTW.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful with CDs because she might not like that kind of music etc. Do you know what they like and dislike? Have you asked her without telling what she likes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharBoosh)
    So I'm travelling over to Spain soon to meet my Spanish exchange for the time - what presents should I take?? She's 15 and a girl, with an older brother and 2 parents to buy for - any ideas?? I thought that perhaps one of my favourite music CDs would be one good present, but what else would she like to receive? I live in London BTW.
    I bought shortbread biscuits the first time, posh London biscuits the second time. They will probably like that. For some reason the Spanish seem to think we English love our desserts and make all these amazing puddings. Both times they were like WOW these are soo nice!

ReputationRep:
    Something connected with London might be nice, just head to a souvenir store and stock up, that's what I did when I had exchange partners to buy for.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was asking where to buy a Spanish exchange student, and I was like :lolwut:

Anyway, anything 'tourist-y' would be a good idea or something quintessentially British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    I thought this was asking where to buy a Spanish exchange student, and I was like :lolwut:
    Me too! :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was asking if any of us wanted to buy a Spanish exchange student...

Put a hamper together of British food?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.