Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer about a week ago, for Msc in International Relations. Most likely accepting!

I'm kind of anxious as I don't have much of a background in politics/modern history, I studied mainly pre-1800 History for my undergraduate, as well as some philosophical/methodological stuff. Planning to catch up with loads of reading during the summer, though!

Anyone else going to this, or a related, course?

ReputationRep:
    Pyratheon ,met you again
    I got a conditional offer for MSc IR ,have to do IELTS 7 or study pre-sessional there (which is what I chose)
    Hope you won't mind my reply and I do apologise if my English is not comprehensible.
    I think you don't have to worry that much as you have more valid academic background compare to me. My undergrad is not directly about politics/IR,basically I'm worse than you.
    Hope we can be friend and see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, hey!

That's awesome -- kind of wish I got to go there early, haha!

Your English is fine, don't worry about that. What was your undergrad on?

Yeah, hope to see you there. Will be fun, hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    I studied mainly about theories and some modern history in my undergrad. I also studied some politics and philosophical thoughts but they are all introduction courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.