Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do you handle a situation when you're in such a cranky mood? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I was really tired today; came back from a very long run, submitted my paper to my supervisor; submitted my work to my other colleague, planning what to do for my other tasks, etc, so I was somewhat in a cranky mood.

I wasn't in the mood to eat home too, so I went to get a takeout (a burger) and asked the waiter what I wanted. The guy was somewhat unpleasant but it didn't bother me much since I wanted to just get my food and go back home quickly.

After a few minutes of standing in front of the cashier, his mate asked why did he take the order since the burger fryer is broken. It seems the guy has forgotten about it.

The guy went back to me and said;
    "Owh, noze, the machine is broken lol :awesome:. omg. can you orderz something elze ? :woo:".

With my cranky mood, I wasn't in the mood to entertain his clumsiness, so my (internal) reaction was simply :mad:

I didn't react of course but if my cranky mood was on a high level, I'd have exploded!

So, what would you do if you're in this everyday situation? You're not in the mood (at all) and the clutz you interacted makes it a lot worst.

ReputationRep:
    I gather all my anger and frustration until its one big ,ball of fierce burning rage..and THEN...I concentrate,take a deep breath and emit all my anger with my EYES...

(I give mahoosive dirty looks basically then walk off init)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumaanaa)
    I gather all my anger and frustration until its one big ,ball of fierce burning rage..and THEN...I concentrate,take a deep breath and emit all my anger with my EYES...

(I give mahoosive dirty looks basically then walk off init)
    ahah! That's what I did actually when the manager came in to cancel my order, and asked me to "switch my order"; I was incredibly uninterested to eat anything else other than what I ordered.

So, yeah, I did the eyes thingy too, but not sure if it will "satisfy" my cranky mood lol.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you really wanted that burger. Take it easy on the fast food, learn to cook and relax maybe follow Nigella on twitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Seems like you really wanted that burger. Take it easy on the fast food, learn to cook and relax maybe follow Nigella on twitter
    Actually this is true
    I don't eat out much these days (rainy days) so when I go out and eat, all I want is the food I really crave for and after that, get on with my life. It's not a high demand isn't it?

And Nigella is :love:

And you're right; fast food is not good : / but you know... cravings are cravings : [

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Actually this is true
    I don't eat out much these days (rainy days) so when I go out and eat, all I want is the food I really crave for and after that, get on with my life. It's not a high demand isn't it?

And Nigella is :love:

And you're right; fast food is not good : / but you know... cravings are cravings : [
    Well tbh, i feel the same about subway (i've been eating out everyday lately) and i get annoyed when they dont make my sandwich properly. Its petty but hey. I only just got over it.

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh, i feel the same about subway (i've been eating out everyday lately) and i get annoyed when they dont make my sandwich properly. Its petty but hey. I only just got over it.
    I know right? : /

But when we're cranky; not in the mood, etc, sometimes the simplest thing can set us off : [

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    I know right? : /

But when we're cranky; not in the mood, etc, sometimes the simplest thing can set us off : [
    Im usually relaxed most the time to be fair. I might just get cranky when i don't eat regularly or adequately!

ReputationRep:
    Im usually relaxed most the time to be fair. I might just get cranky when i don't eat regularly or adequately!
    I think the source of my current crankyness is my work; *I think*.

I'm not sure. I can barely even speak after doing/finishing a task. Ergh.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.