Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am looking forward to it but I'll miss my life just now I think. Most of all I can't wait to move out! I know it's going to be strange seeing old friends less often though.

How's everyone else feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm dying to go, in all honesty. I hate school at the moment - year 13 is just so boring, and everyone just wants to leave. Uni will be a fantastic new start - new city, new people, new course. Just gotta get through the next few months :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    I'm dying to go, in all honesty. I hate school at the moment - year 13 is just so boring, and everyone just wants to leave. Uni will be a fantastic new start - new city, new people, new course. Just gotta get through the next few months :')
    It's worse in Scotland: I don't even need to try anymore. My offer was based on higher results - last year! A good number of people get unconditionals in scotland. It makes the place seem even more painful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninghigh)
    It's worse in Scotland: I don't even need to try anymore. My offer was based on higher results - last year! A good number of people get unconditionals in scotland. It makes the place seem even more painful!
    Oh, lucky you in a sense! Where and what are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Scared about having to meet and get on with new people but also really excited at having the chance to make new friends

ReputationRep:
    I want to start as soon as possible

ReputationRep:
    Counting down to the date I move into halls, September 14th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    Oh, lucky you in a sense! Where and what are you applying for?
    I've got a conditional for Edinburgh Uni for medicine - the condition is a disclosure check!

hahah I think I'll pass that!

What are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    i seem to be the only one dreading it haha
    am terrified to move away
    but it would be good to have a new start etc just very scary

ReputationRep:
    Seriously can't wait. I need to get out of here. Plus my course is going to be amazing so yeah :P

ReputationRep:
    Worried

ReputationRep:
    Apprehensive but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Really excited, but really scared about the changes. Moving out, not seeing old friends as often, making new friends, my stomach does flips every time I think about it! eeppp

ReputationRep:
    Excited!!! Independence + being broke, here I come.

ReputationRep:
    Scared, mostly about making new friends. Hope I don't become some social retard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninghigh)
    I've got a conditional for Edinburgh Uni for medicine - the condition is a disclosure check!

hahah I think I'll pass that!

What are you doing?
    Congrats! Sure isn't easy getting an offer for medicine, good job.

Experimental psychology at Bristol, hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Scared that I will flop my first year , but excited to get the hell away from my parents and have some independence :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sannn)
    Congrats! Sure isn't easy getting an offer for medicine, good job.

Experimental psychology at Bristol, hopefully!
    You'll be fine. Bristol looks really nice too. I applied there too (they rejected me though!)

Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaNerdfighter)
    Scared about having to meet and get on with new people but also really excited at having the chance to make new friends
    I have always been quite friendly with most people at school. Was a bit worried when I went to uni that I would not have the same relationship with my new friends at uni. However, I have been at uni over six months now and I am already closer to some of these people than my friends at home. I would tell some of them anything and they would do the same with me. I can honestly say they will be friends for life.

ReputationRep:
    At first i was excited but as the months drop away i get more worried lol. Its exciting tho. Its like a good kind of worry. The only bad worry i have is the hideous amount of work i might have to do for law. Oh and not making friends with my hall mates lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.