Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is so great about Fight Club? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the first hour or so of the movie...it seems pretty rubbish to me. Some guy who has a dead end job, has insomnia and somehow this is solved by beating someone to a pulp and being beaten to a pulp.

(Original post by TheGuy117)
    I just watched the first hour or so of the movie...it seems pretty rubbish to me. Some guy who has a dead end job, has insomnia and somehow this is solved by beating someone to a pulp and being beaten to a pulp.
    You can't judge it if you haven't watched the whole of it. I do think Fight Club is overrated but it isn't a bad movie by any means and has an interesting premise.

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club is my favourite movie of all-time. Most educated people agree with me.

Tyler Durden is not whom you think it is...

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell you, it's against the rules

ReputationRep:
    Maybe watch the whole movie to find the twist in it...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely overrated.

It's good yeah but a whole film isn't made by one twist.
    And to be honest the twist is fairly generic and unoriginal

ReputationRep:
    “Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells “stop!”, goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you watch the whole movie, like others have said, you will see that the guy with insomnia and Brad Pitt are the same person. Brad pitt is who the guy wishes/ wants to be.

I think it's a very good movie but you won't find it as enjoyable if you only watch half of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The book is better than the film just because of Palahniuk's narrative style but the film is pretty great, give it a chance and watch the whole way through.

(Original post by ..*KITA*..)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you watch the whole movie, like others have said, you will see that the guy with insomnia and Brad Pitt are the same person. Brad pitt is who the guy wishes/ wants to be.

I think it's a very good movie but you won't find it as enjoyable if you only watch half of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

SPOILERS! :fuhrer:

(You ought to use [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags, in case you didn't know. )

ReputationRep:
    Never really understood it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    You can't judge it if you haven't watched the whole of it. I do think Fight Club is overrated but it isn't a bad movie by any means and has an interesting premise.
    I disagree that it is overrated.

I got an awful reception and only a cult following kept it popular.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You have to watch the whole film to understand it. I thought it was a good film

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people...mainly snapback wearing hipsters 'connected' with the anti capitalist, anti consumer message that Tyler Durdan rams down the viewers throat.

It isnt perfect. But it's the best Brad Pitt film

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love this film so much - and I completely love the ending.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I do like Fight Club but I must admit, I think it is really overhyped. Its a good movie but I wouldn't say its a masterpiece or Brad Pitt and Edward Norton's best work.

Another film I feel is waaaaaay overhyped is Pulp Fiction. That film bored me rigid and I was surprised because everyone I know recommended the film to me and online reviews for it are great but meh, it was crap. Well, bearable I should probably say.

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club is a wonderful film but you need to watch it all the way through. There isn't much you can say about it without giving it all away but it is a wonderful film! Plus, if you're a girl, like men but are not a fan of this type of film, you have a lot of topless men to pass the time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.