Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im worried that I'm going to fail my AS levels... so far from my January modules I received a B and a D... For Summer I need to achieve 3 C's atleast to get back into my sixth form...
    My GCSE results were as follows: 1 A*, 8A's, B, C.

What careers or apprenticeships would I be able to get into from my GCSE results and my AS results?
    I'm worried I won't get into Uni, as i may not even get back into my sixth form...

What would you do in my position? I currently study Maths, Biology, Chemistry and History...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, don't worry about the grades - I got a B and a D in my AS January exams too! Just retake them in the summer and make sure you revise hard - I did and I got ABBDE (now AABDE).

Most people under perform in their AS Janurary exams as they aren't used to the step-up from GCSE, so don't worry about it too much and if the worst comes to the worst, just re-sit your first year of sixth form again

ReputationRep:
    Tesco

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of good jobs you can get without achieving your As. But it just mean that it would be a bit of struggle to get promotion, and that's where your work experience fill the gap. You just have to get work experience first before getting on the ladder of success, whereas by having good education skip couple of long step which ultimately can save you couple of years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by styles477)
    Im worried that I'm going to fail my AS levels... so far from my January modules I received a B and a D... For Summer I need to achieve 3 C's atleast to get back into my sixth form...
    My GCSE results were as follows: 1 A*, 8A's, B, C.

What careers or apprenticeships would I be able to get into from my GCSE results and my AS results?
    I'm worried I won't get into Uni, as i may not even get back into my sixth form...

What would you do in my position? I currently study Maths, Biology, Chemistry and History...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...
    Dont worry about not getting a good job.
    If you put in enough revision in the summer, you will be fine. You might not have got the grades you hoped in the january exams, but thats kind of to be expected, as theres a bit step up from GCSE. Pus the B is quite a god grade.
    Even if you dont get the grades and dont get to stay on in 6th form next year, there are still plenty of options. You can get an apprentiship. They only usually require GCSE's, and there are plenty of apprentiships around in different career areas. You can also go to college- to do an NVQ, btec, Diploma etc in whatever career area you want. And you can also go to uni from those courses if you wish as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.